Club CK Forums

rated by 0 users
This post has 244 Replies | 26 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 887

Club CK Forum Participants,

We at Creating Keepsakes are grateful for the readers that are part of Club CK; for the creativity you share, the enthusiasm you have for the hobby, and your dedication to preserving your memories and improving the craft. As we move our focus towards online initiatives, we are evaluating all aspects of our business.

In looking at Club CK and the areas it offers our readers we feel the focus should be on creativity and idea sharing, which is evident by the number of layouts shared daily in the galleries. To make better use of our resources and provide the best online and print offerings we can, we are opting to discontinue the forum portion of Club CK as of June 15, 2013.

In this digital age, the internet is full of forums, many have existed for years and have fully developed communities and we hope that you will find one that meets your needs. Below are a few that we think would be a great place to start your search for an online forum:

We are excited about the future and the media options we are planning for you, our readers. We look forward to seeing you around the Creating Keepsakes community.

Stacy Croninger

Digital Managing Editor

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,396
Tsmama29 replied on Fri, May 17 2013 9:39 AM

Does this mean the message board is going away?

That would be totally sad!

Joan

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 18,836

WOW!!!!  I can honestly say that that makes me not very happy at all!!  You do realize that so many people that visit this site do it BECASUE OF the message boards?  I don't know that I'll continue to post LO after that point.  This message board is a family to many of us.  I'm just shocked, really shocked!  ANd how many people kept their subscription to CK magazine as a way to support CK and to help keep this site because we love it, even when we felt the magazine was dwindling, even if we felt we were not getting our moneys worth with less issues a year and less pages in each magazine.  WOW!  Really sad!!  I guess you do what you gotta do for a business.  But WOW!  Sad

Becky

Completed in 2013.  Scrapbook Pages 59  Card 2

My Blog:   The Popsicle Tree 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,302
ScrapJAG replied on Fri, May 17 2013 9:53 AM

Total disappointment. TOTAL!

I can't believe you are doing this to all of us!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 5,064

Bec_Scraps:

WOW!!!!  I can honestly say that that makes me not very happy at all!!  You do realize that so many people that visit this site do it BECASUE OF the message boards?  I don't know that I'll continue to post LO after that point.  This message board is a family to many of us.  I'm just shocked, really shocked!

I am very unhappy to hear this news.  I can honestly say that once the forums are gone here that I will not be back to post my layouts.  The members here feel like family, and I will be sad to loose that.  I guess this means that it is time to start moving my layouts over to another forum.  I really loved having all my layouts and projects here.  

First the changes to the magazine (only have extra content in the online version and not my print edition) and now the elimination of the message board.  These changes have left me very saddened and disappointed.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,396
Tsmama29 replied on Fri, May 17 2013 10:00 AM

The only reason I subscribe to CK anymore is to support CK because I truly love this message board.

I can honestly say that I will no longer subscribe if the message board is discontinued.

I am with Becky, just WOW!

Joan

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 5,836
odeyjay replied on Fri, May 17 2013 10:02 AM

Mamabear Scrappin':

Bec_Scraps:

WOW!!!!  I can honestly say that that makes me not very happy at all!!  You do realize that so many people that visit this site do it BECASUE OF the message boards?  I don't know that I'll continue to post LO after that point.  This message board is a family to many of us.  I'm just shocked, really shocked!

I am very unhappy to hear this news.  I can honestly say that once the forums are gone here that I will not be back to post my layouts.  The members here feel like family, and I will be sad to loose that.  I guess this means that it is time to start moving my layouts over to another forum.  I really loved having all my layouts and projects here.  

First the changes to the magazine (only have extra content in the online version and not my print edition) and now the elimination of the message board.  These changes have left me very saddened and disappointed.

I agree with you ladies. We are like family on this message board and that is the reason why I come to this site and continue to support CK in all it's endeavors. If the message board is gone I will not come back to the site just to post my layout. Very saddened and disheartened by this news. 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,960

I'm very sad Sad I love joining in on all the forums while I'm at work, it really helps me get through the day with a smile! If Ck thinks this is going to help in any way I think they are in for shock. I doubt I'll continue to post on here and I most likely won't renew my subscription. Thanks CK

Kristin Marie 

Follow Me on Pinterest

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 18,724

WOW...it feels like a stab to the heart.  So many connections here, friendships made....this is truly a shocker.  After all these years...I am just stunned.

Steffanie

My Blog

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,236

brown eyed girl:

WOW...it feels like a stab to the heart.  So many connections here, friendships made....this is truly a shocker.  After all these years...I am just stunned.

I feel the same way.  This is terrible.  If the message boards aren't here I won't be back.

Starr

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,238
Gayle replied on Fri, May 17 2013 10:15 AM

This is a killer for me!  I have limited online access so just trying to get the extras on the digital version is difficult.  The site would not even let me on yesterday saying there is no email address for me.  I emailed CK and have not received a response yet.  Now they are taking away the companionship and challenges that brought us together and helped me get layouts done.  I won't upload layouts after the forum is gone.  Hopefully I'll "see" you on another site.

Badge 2 Stickers 125 Howdy, Campers! Earn Your Badges at CK Summer Camp 2012Badge 5 Fabric and Digi 125 Howdy, Campers! Earn Your Badges at CK Summer Camp 2012Badge 3 Various Mediums 125 Howdy, Campers! Earn Your Badges at CK Summer Camp 2012 

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 2,160

Absolutely UNREAL!!! Angry. This is a stab to the heart. This forum is definitely like family, and the challenges are part of what keep our scrapbooking going. I'm sure that many of us subscribe to your magazine out of loyalyt and support to the CKMB. In my opinion, you are completely and totally out of touch with your readers and customers. I am completley flabbergasted and disappointed Indifferent.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 8,351
BeachGal replied on Fri, May 17 2013 10:34 AM

If the focus should be "creativity and idea sharing" why are you closing the entire forum? I can see maybe scaling down the forums to focus on just creativity and idea sharing, but to close the whole thing ? You will lose ALL of the creativity and idea sharing! Not to mention revenue hit the magazine will take from loss of exposure.

i put a lot of time and effort to publicize and keep things active here, to maintain "creativity and idea sharing". You have just basically told us to go somewhere else to do that.

Devra  My Blogs :  My Creative View    Beach Girl At Heart

2013 LO's completed: 1page: 19 2page: 12

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,107
Cards4Ever replied on Fri, May 17 2013 10:34 AM

This is heart breaking news. I want it to stay. This is not a wise move, it is like breaking up a family. 

blog

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 42,776

Two thoughts:  

First, is the existing MB on the old Creating Keepsakes website staying around?  I know it has it's technical troubles, but it's better than just going away.  http://www.scrapandpapercorner.com/mb/viewforum.php?f=1&sid=8d8681871c592009929ffa838368f69a

Secondly, I faithfully renewed my CK BECAUSE of this community.  The magazine has left me so underwhelmed lately, but I kept my subscription to support this.  However, if this is going away, I will NOT be renewing my magazine.  

Page 1 of 17 (245 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป | RSS
FAQ | About Us | Privacy Policy | Guarantee | Join Copyright ©2014, Creative Crafts Group, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use