Woke up to the smell of burning plastic!! PICTURE (bec)

rated by 0 users
This post has 14 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 18,836
Bec_Scraps Posted: Mon, Dec 3 2012 8:33 AM

This morning, jus tlike 20 minutes ago, I woke up smelling burning plastic.  It didn't smell like normal fire smoke but it was strong!  I wondered if one of my girls had left their curing iron on next to something that was now melted.  I asked my girls and they could smell it but had no clue what it was.  I went out side to see if I could smell it and nothing.  I walked around my house sniffing each room and it was stronger in the bathrooms.  Still found nothing.  Here I am all parranoid that it's some electicle fire inside the wall.  Finally as I'm walking down the stairs (again) I notice I happen to glance over at a wall sconce in the stairwell going down and noticed a green, Nurf, disc dart MELTING!!  Those things fly everywhere, bouncing off stuff (and people) So I shut off the light.  I'll have to wait until it cools before I dig it out.  It's kind of in a PITB spot to get to.  I'm just glad I found it. 

That's never a good way to wake up!!!  Kind of scary.  I'm surprised my DH didn't smell anything.  He's usually the one who is senstive about those things.

Becky

Completed in 2013.  Scrapbook Pages 59  Card 2

My Blog:   The Popsicle Tree 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 21,758
Patty C replied on Mon, Dec 3 2012 8:54 AM

Oh no!  I am glad you figured it out.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,711
SandyP replied on Mon, Dec 3 2012 9:03 AM

So glad you found it before it caused a fire! 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 8,351

Nice! Way to go boys! Give momma heart attack before the day even starts!

Devra  My Blogs :  My Creative View    Beach Girl At Heart

2013 LO's completed: 1page: 19 2page: 12

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 18,836

Devra:

Nice! Way to go boys! Give momma heart attack before the day even starts!

no kidding!

Becky

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 15,524
Moongirl replied on Mon, Dec 3 2012 10:12 AM

Scary!  I have those things all over my house too.  Yeah, DS is 21, but I still have those things all over my house!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 18,836

Moongirl:

Scary!  I have those things all over my house too.  Yeah, DS is 21, but I still have those things all over my house!

LOL, that's ok!  I love a good Nurf war with  my boys!  My girls will even get into it!  Good family fun, LOL

Becky

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 15,524
Moongirl replied on Mon, Dec 3 2012 10:28 AM

Bec_Scraps:

Moongirl:

LOL, that's ok!  I love a good Nurf war with  my boys!  My girls will even get into it!  Good family fun, LOL

Especially coming from the Nerf machine gun!  It can be quite dangerous to walk in the door sometimes!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 18,836

Moongirl:

Bec_Scraps:

Moongirl:

Especially coming from the Nerf machine gun!  It can be quite dangerous to walk in the door sometimes!

Oh ya, those can fire off quite a rew!  My boys' multi-fire guns are packed away right now. All they have out is the single shot disc ones, but they're fun too!  Except when they melt in the light.

Becky

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 28,213
D'LeeBug replied on Mon, Dec 3 2012 11:42 AM

Moongirl:

Umm... I'm quite a lot older than your DS, and my mom still has them all over her house!

Adele - ScrapBlog     Blog  Follow Me on Pinterest

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 22,603

Yikes, glad you figured it out.

We had a burning plastic smell the other day too. DH smelled it and figured out it was the crockpot. I guess there was a Target bag in between the crockpot and the metal base. UGH, it was so bad!! We had to unplug it and put the pot outside until we could clean it. That smell is gross.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 36,557
Laurie replied on Mon, Dec 3 2012 5:02 PM

OH NO!!!  Glad you found it

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,293
Heidi replied on Mon, Dec 3 2012 5:06 PM

Wow... that could have really turned into a horrible nightmare.  I'm glad you found it!

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 2,160

Glad everything is ok. It's not as bad as what my friend did recently. She stayed overnight at someone else's house and went looking for the tea kettle in the morning. Guess she wasn't quite awake yet because she found it (looked like a "normal" kettle) and put it on the stove to boil. Then she went to curl her hair. When she came back, the ELECTRIC kettle had quite melted on the stove and it was a huge mess. It's not the way her hostess wanted to go about getting a new stove....but you gotta do what you gotta do Stick out tongue

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 18,836

Heather:

Glad everything is ok. It's not as bad as what my friend did recently. She stayed overnight at someone else's house and went looking for the tea kettle in the morning. Guess she wasn't quite awake yet because she found it (looked like a "normal" kettle) and put it on the stove to boil. Then she went to curl her hair. When she came back, the ELECTRIC kettle had quite melted on the stove and it was a huge mess. It's not the way her hostess wanted to go about getting a new stove....but you gotta do what you gotta do Stick out tongue

Oh man!!  that's not a good situation!!

Becky

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS
FAQ | About Us | Privacy Policy | Guarantee | Join Copyright ©2014, Creative Crafts Group, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use