I'm home!*updated w/photos* (Derv)

rated by 0 users
This post has 22 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 8,351
BeachGal Posted: Sun, Apr 8 2012 9:26 PM

We are back from our, sunny, warm, vacation to Arizona.  We had a wonderful time.  The kids were exceptionally behaved.  I told ODS, 5 star hotel means 5 star behavior.   My sister got us tickets to a spring training game, we went to the Grand Canyon, and just stayed by the pool.  It wasn't completely without  any drama though. YDS came down with a cold, but quickly recovered. He particularly enjoyed walking around the hotel and siting by the pool.

It's always a bit challenging for us to travel with YDS.  I harbor a lot of stress with the anticipation.  I forget how adaptable YDS has become.  He's happy and calm as long as he is with us and has his 'things' with him.  I just need to remember that our family is not 'typical' and our experience will always be different.  And that's OK!!!!  For us, it's easier to order takeout and eat in the room than it is to risk a melt down in a restaurant after a long day in the sun.  It's still family time, we're having fun and that's what matters.

It's good to be home. I missed you all!  Anyone else go away for Spring Break?

Devra  My Blogs :  My Creative View    Beach Girl At Heart

2013 LO's completed: 1page: 19 2page: 12

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 15,524

Welcome home!  I am waiting for all the tan Devra photos!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 42,776

Glad  you're back safe & sound!!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,485

Moongirl:

HA!  She promised me she was wearing sunscreen! 

Devra, we stayed home during spring break, but are going to SC later this spring for a week. We are to the point we purposely schedule our vacations when it is NOT spring break!

We definitely do not have your challenges with kids, but we've had more than our fair share of meltdowns with DD.  That's when we started getting the mini suites, with a bedroom, kitchen, and TV room with hide-a-bed.  DD and DH and I would share the bedroom; DS would sleep on the hide-a-bed.  DD is NOT a morning person (OMG, is that ever an understatement), so when she got old enough, we'd just let her wake up on her own and we'd go out for breakfast.  We'd often order in or get take-out for dinner, using lunch as our meal in a restaurant. 

I'm glad you're back--I missed you!  Oh, and you should know that I've offered up your front lawn to people to camp on for the Seattle CKC.  I get first choice at camp spot.

February LO Count:  12; March LO Count:  16 LOs (31 pages)

March LO Count: (did not participate in  March)

April LO Goal:  20 pages;  Pages complete:  28!  I exceeded my goal!

http://pinterest.com/tulipscrapper/

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 8,351
BeachGal replied on Sun, Apr 8 2012 10:02 PM

Tulip Scrapper:

Moongirl:

HA!  She promised me she was wearing sunscreen! 

Devra, we stayed home during spring break, but are going to SC later this spring for a week. We are to the point we purposely schedule our vacations when it is NOT spring break!

We definitely do not have your challenges with kids, but we've had more than our fair share of meltdowns with DD.  That's when we started getting the mini suites, with a bedroom, kitchen, and TV room with hide-a-bed.  DD and DH and I would share the bedroom; DS would sleep on the hide-a-bed.  DD is NOT a morning person (OMG, is that ever an understatement), so when she got old enough, we'd just let her wake up on her own and we'd go out for breakfast.  We'd often order in or get take-out for dinner, using lunch as our meal in a restaurant. 

I'm glad you're back--I missed you!  Oh, and you should know that I've offered up your front lawn to people to camp on for the Seattle CKC.  I get first choice at camp spot.

HAHAHA LOL!  I was going to say that TulipMOM made me wear sunscreen.  I got a little color though.  You can see my freckles.  This is the first time we haven't stayed in a suite style hotel.  Dh has so many note points that we were able to stay at this super nice resort.  It worked out well for us.  I had to ask for a microwave, which was part of my "comedy of errors day", but we did fine.

What do you mean camping on my front lawn...I'll kick the fam out for the weekend and we can have the whole house!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,302
ScrapJAG replied on Sun, Apr 8 2012 10:02 PM

I'm so glad things went well! Sounds like you had a great time! Glad to have you back.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,945
yokaye replied on Sun, Apr 8 2012 10:11 PM

Glad you're home safe and sound! Can't wait to see all the photos and LOs!

YolandaFollow Me on Pinterest 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 5,836
odeyjay replied on Sun, Apr 8 2012 10:23 PM

Sounds like you guys had a great time!  Can't wait to see more pictures.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214

Cute pics!  Sounds like a good time!  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 22,603

Looks fun and I love your new avatar!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 8,560
Kay replied on Sun, Apr 8 2012 11:16 PM

Great pictures! Glad you had a good vacation!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 18,309

I am really glad you had a good trip! The photos are testimony to that one. There is nothing wrong with eating in the room. I love doing that just as much as going out.

Christy 

http://myscrapbookevolution.blogspot.com/         Twitter as @paperscientist

OLW- Revolution

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 8,351
BeachGal replied on Sun, Apr 8 2012 11:29 PM

Emeraldvalkyrie:

I am really glad you had a good trip! The photos are testimony to that one. There is nothing wrong with eating in the room. I love doing that just as much as going out.

For ODS, it was just about being in a Hotel. We ordered Room Service one night and he got the biggest kick out of it!

replied on Sun, Apr 8 2012 11:50 PM

Yay! Sounds like you had a fabulous time!!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,485

Awesome pictures and LOVE the new avatar! 

February LO Count:  12; March LO Count:  16 LOs (31 pages)

March LO Count: (did not participate in  March)

April LO Goal:  20 pages;  Pages complete:  28!  I exceeded my goal!

http://pinterest.com/tulipscrapper/

Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
FAQ | About Us | Privacy Policy | Guarantee | Join Copyright ©2014, Creative Crafts Group, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use