WEEKLY Card Challenge March 11- March 18 (photochic) *WINNER!!*

rated by 0 users
This post has 69 Replies | 7 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,466
photochic Posted: Sat, Mar 10 2012 2:26 PM

Wow! I am so excited when I see so many people enter the weekly challenges! I am so impressed by the newbies this week! Great job! You ALL did wonderful with this challenge! But unfortunately, I cannot send each one of you a prize, so I had my little sister pick a winner and the winner of my RAK is.....

KATIE!!!! :)

Katie, I have your address already so I'll try to send out your RAK tomorrow

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, another week, another card challenge! :) I love posting early, so here goes--

This week I challenge you to a COLOR combo-- navy, coral (or light pink if you don't have coral), and yellow. I love this combination. :) It is the colors of my beloved Vera Bradley purse! :P I will have my sister pick a winner next Sunday (March 18th) evening (so everyone can get their cards in!) and I will send a winner a RAK!

And here's my example! I had some fun with my new goodies!

Heather

my blog: http://craftyscrapbooker.blogspot.com/    

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,478
mll replied on Sat, Mar 10 2012 2:29 PM

Heather!!!!  Love that you are so prompt and usually EVEN early!!!!!  LOVE your card and the color combo. May hit that one now as I'll be gone all day tomorrow :)  Thanks for hosing and posting!!!

Mary Lou

LO count:    12         Card Count:  22    Christmas Card Count:       Projects:  2

Follow Me on Pinterest

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,424
Gena replied on Sat, Mar 10 2012 6:14 PM

Thanks Heather!  Fabulous color combo!  Now, to see what I can come up with (but I've already got an idea or 2...)

2013 LO's:  9

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,478
mll replied on Sat, Mar 10 2012 7:12 PM

I got mine done today!!!

Mary Lou

LO count:    12         Card Count:  22    Christmas Card Count:       Projects:  2

Follow Me on Pinterest

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,466
photochic replied on Sat, Mar 10 2012 9:57 PM

Mary Lou- Wow! You are so fast! :) Fabulous card- I love your take on the colors. That punch you used for the pretty pink candles border is so cute! And I love the cluster of balloons! Those squirlie things are so fun!!! Thanks for playing along with my challenge this week! :) :)

Heather

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 1,436
twtyfire replied on Sat, Mar 10 2012 10:51 PM

Great challenge Heather! Thanks for hosting! Love your card!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,478
mll replied on Sun, Mar 11 2012 6:43 AM

Thanks Heather.  I like to grab the opportunity to do the challenges as soon as I can. :)  The swirly thing and the tag are from a birthday toss last year! :)

Mary Lou

Follow Me on Pinterest

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,257
Katie replied on Sun, Mar 11 2012 7:37 AM

LOVE that color combo! hopefully I can do this challenge! Wink

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,612

I'm always up for a color challenge and have to say that I've never done this one!  Sounds like time to go digging through my pretty paper to see what I have in those colors!  I'm excited to see what everybody comes up with this week!  Thanks, Photochic!

Gloria   

Dash your Stash:  April:  3/10 layouts

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,436
Hope replied on Sun, Mar 11 2012 1:19 PM

LOVE the color challenge!  Those colors just scream spring, so I can't wait to create!!

and I love your cards Heather and Mary Lou!!

Hope

2012 Christmas Cards made: 10

2nd quarter Throwdown lay-outs made:  47!! - (my goal is 30)

CK Summer Camp Blinkie 2012 200 pixels Howdy, Campers! Earn Your Badges at CK Summer Camp 2012

Badge 1 Markers and Pens with Paper 125 Howdy, Campers! Earn Your Badges at CK Summer Camp 2012Badge 2 Stickers 125 Howdy, Campers! Earn Your Badges at CK Summer Camp 2012Badge 3 Various Mediums 125 Howdy, Campers! Earn Your Badges at CK Summer Camp 2012

Follow Me on Pinterest

my blog (a work in progress!):  http://hoping2scrap.blogspot.com/

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,711
SandyP replied on Sun, Mar 11 2012 7:51 PM

Mary Lou... LOVE your card.  And that birthday candle border punch!!!

Here's mine.  I didn't have any coral cardstock so, I made my own!  I used pink textured cardstock and burnt orange ink...scrubbed the ink gentle onto the cardstock and the results were coral cardstock.  Somehow the colors look better in person...  :O(

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,466
photochic replied on Sun, Mar 11 2012 8:26 PM

SandyP- First of all, how innovative of you to make your own coral cardstock! :) It looks pretty in the picture, despite that you said it looks better in person. I'm sure it does look prettier IRL, but then again I like it in the photo as well! What a CUTE die cut sentiment too. The twine wrapped around the coral cardstock is so cute. It adds a bit of fun-ness to the card! Thanks for playing along this week!! :)

Heather

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 11,943

Thankyou for yet another inspiring challenge I really Love your card Heather, very different combination of colours! I had to recolour some elements to suit this challenge! here is my card (digital.)

http://clubcreatingkeepsakes.com/media/p/874131.aspx

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,656

great takes on the challenges lady!! each one greeeat!!! love seeing what you all come up with>

Sue

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,711
SandyP replied on Mon, Mar 12 2012 11:31 AM

JoAnne...Gorgeous card!  Love how it looks so dimensional. 

Page 1 of 5 (70 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS
FAQ | About Us | Privacy Policy | Guarantee | Join © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use