Pink ATG- please help me decide if I should buy it!

rated by 0 users
This post has 18 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 447
hockeygirl19 Posted: Fri, Jun 18 2010 3:19 PM

I have wanted the ATG for thee longest time. Now that it is available at a very reasonable price and wonderful color, I am thinking of buying it. However, I have always used repositionable tape when scrapping. I feel more comfortable knowing that I can move things around if the placement is not good, etc. So, is this ATG for me? Does it come in repositionable tape also? Or, in the alternative, does the permanent adhesive have enough leeway to let you movee it for the few few minutes?

TIA. 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 42,776

it is a great deal.

I use the permanent adhesive, however, I find that (at least w/good quality paper), if I don't apply pressure to the items, I can still pick them up and move them.  Once you apply pressure you're committed. 

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,057
Kim replied on Fri, Jun 18 2010 3:23 PM

STUPID QUESTION ALERT...what is an ATG?

Spending Freeze 2011 - madde it thru 14 days and the money flew out of my pocket....

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 42,776

Kim:

STUPID QUESTION ALERT...what is an ATG?

I thought it was Adhesive Transfer Gun, but the box of the pink one says Advanced Transfer Glider.....

at anyrate, it's a monster bad boy glue gun that was originally used for framing that has transferred to SBing.  The gun is an expense, but in the long run the adhesive is a fraction of the cost.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 447

Kim-

NO question is stupid! (whether here or anywhere)..., but I see Amanda has answer for you.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 214

If given the choice to buy my ATG again I would do it hands down.  Even if I had to pay the $54 all over again.  I say if it's only $29 you should go for it!  You wont regret it!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 42,776

PocketChange:

If given the choice to buy my ATG again I would do it hands down.  Even if I had to pay the $54 all over again.  I say if it's only $29 you should go for it!  You wont regret it!

Yup!  What she said!!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,493
3froggies replied on Fri, Jun 18 2010 7:44 PM

Im still on the fence about it........just worried it might be to big for me.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 282

I'm on the fence about this too...I loooove the idea of the cost effectiveness of it...I read on another message board where someone had done a cost analysis of all the 'major' adhesives and the ATG blew all the others out of the water coming in at only about .03 per ft. (?) on their adhesive. 

My concern is the size of it and wondering if I can 'handle' that bad boy.  ...I'm used to just using the small tombow tape runners, or something similar in size...  Confused

~Natalie

Check out my blog:  Integrity Crafts

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,875

I have quite a few friends who wanted one and bought it - and they all love it. I've never heard of anyone getting it and changing their mind about it.

With that being said, I've tried it and have never really wanted one. I like portability and ease of use of a small tape runner.

I think it's a great buy though - and if you have been wanting one, you'll love it.

Janet 

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 73

I think it's a great buy.  I've used the yellow 1/2" one for a long time and can't imagine scrapping without it!  However, I do know a few people who don't like theirs but they have never had a problem selling it.  At the price, I think it's worth trying.  And Undo will take it the adhesive up if you really need to!

Just Jennifer

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 447

Jennifer-

Re: the Undo- will it take it up without ruining the paper or photo? 

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 36
Susan S replied on Sat, Jun 19 2010 6:51 PM

Just an FYI, I read on another forum that this is not made as "sturdy" as the original Scotch ATG.  Also, the pink shoudl be available at JoAnns and Michaels.

Susan ~  visit my store:  http://susielou.artfire.com     visit my blog:  www.susan-MyThoughtsMyHeart.com

Make cards for www.OperationWriteHome.org - sending cards to deployed military so they can stay in touch with their loved ones!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,485

hockeygirl19:

Jennifer-

Re: the Undo- will it take it up without ruining the paper or photo? 

Undu hasn't hurt my paper or photos.  Just make sure the photos are really dry if you print them at home, like I do.  A day should do it. 

February LO Count:  12; March LO Count:  16 LOs (31 pages)

March LO Count: (did not participate in  March)

April LO Goal:  20 pages;  Pages complete:  28!  I exceeded my goal!

http://pinterest.com/tulipscrapper/

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 73

It hasn't ruined anything yet.  But I have found it does ruin the line of adhesive I applied and it takes a little longer for it to dry before I can re-put it down.

Just Jennifer

Page 1 of 2 (19 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
FAQ | About Us | Privacy Policy | Guarantee | Join © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use