Button Farm Recipe Album??

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 18
Laura_J Posted: Sun, Apr 18 2010 6:21 PM

Has anyone taken the Button Farm's Deliciously Different Recipe Album class?  I LOVE the Button Farm, Angela comes up with gorgeous designs, but I'm not interested in a recipe album.  I'm wanting to hear from those who've taken the class if this can only be used for recipes or not.  I'd like to modify it to a mini album about favorite foods or our everyday meals, because I know I just won't use the recipe album.  What's throwing me is the description saying that it has pockets and specially created recipe cards...not sure if this could be modified.  So what do you think, will that work???

PS--trying to decide so I can register for CKC Valley Forge this week. :-)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 21,758
Patty C replied on Mon, Apr 19 2010 12:05 PM

I was a little disappointed with her project this year.  I might still take the class, but would have preferred something different.  The kit last year was soooo cute.

Patty

Not Ranked
Posts 18

Laura_J:

Has anyone taken the Button Farm's Deliciously Different Recipe Album class?  I LOVE the Button Farm, Angela comes up with gorgeous designs, but I'm not interested in a recipe album.  I'm wanting to hear from those who've taken the class if this can only be used for recipes or not.  I'd like to modify it to a mini album about favorite foods or our everyday meals, because I know I just won't use the recipe album.  What's throwing me is the description saying that it has pockets and specially created recipe cards...not sure if this could be modified.  So what do you think, will that work???

PS--trying to decide so I can register for CKC Valley Forge this week. :-)

I was wondering the same thing!  I am thinking I might just skip the class and hit her booth early in hopes of finding a cute kit to work on that weekend instead.  She hasn't had anything new up on her site in a while and I haven't been able to reach her via e-mail either though...

~Beatrice

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,493
3froggies replied on Mon, Apr 19 2010 8:55 PM

I skipped the class too, I was kinda bummed it was a recipe one, but will definately stop by the booth!  Her kits are amazing!

Not Ranked
Posts 18
Laura_J replied on Tue, Apr 20 2010 10:55 AM

Wanted to share that Angela from the Button Farm read a similar message I left on a different scrapping message board and responded with the following:

Hi Laura! Just happened to be browsing two peas and saw your post! I am sorry about the specific class subject this year, and I will be sure to do something more generic next year, I think that many people have been dissapointed with it! To answer your question, you can add your own title with thickers or stickers in your stash and either flip over the recipe cards and use as plain cardstock or leave them out completely. Some students have decided to use this album for a place to highlight a childs favorite foods, etc. Hope this helps, i would love to see you there!
Angela

So, now I will be taking the class...yay me!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,493
3froggies replied on Tue, Apr 20 2010 11:36 AM

Laura_J:

Wanted to share that Angela from the Button Farm read a similar message I left on a different scrapping message board and responded with the following:

Hi Laura! Just happened to be browsing two peas and saw your post! I am sorry about the specific class subject this year, and I will be sure to do something more generic next year, I think that many people have been dissapointed with it! To answer your question, you can add your own title with thickers or stickers in your stash and either flip over the recipe cards and use as plain cardstock or leave them out completely. Some students have decided to use this album for a place to highlight a childs favorite foods, etc. Hope this helps, i would love to see you there!
Angela

So, now I will be taking the class...yay me!

Thanks for sharing that Laura!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,057
Kathy replied on Sat, Apr 24 2010 9:39 PM

I didn't sign up for that class at VF either because I didn't want a recipe book. I definitely will hit their booth, though. Spent lots of $$$ there last year! I think it was wonderful that Laura read that comment and responded---great gal!

Kathy     

"When life gives you lemons....make lemonade and find someone whose life gave them vodka."

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 1
HLynn replied on Sun, Mar 13 2011 9:23 AM

I took the class and liked the kit - it would make a really cut mini photo book for pictures of cooking with your kids or the like.  You could also do a play on it for a  gift  -the recipes for a happy life.  Since it's soo cute - I wouldn't want it in the kitchen as a real recipe book - since I'm a messy cook and I wouldn't want to wreck it.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS
FAQ | About Us | Privacy Policy | Guarantee | Join © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use