Weekly Lo Challenge March 3 - 9th WIINER......WINNER........

rated by 0 users
This post has 35 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,522
ScrappinEweRobyn Posted: Mon, Mar 4 2013 9:34 AM

Ok, thank you Mary Lou for reminding me of hosting................I was thinking it was in April!!! I am sorry for posting late!

I have been thinking hard about waht I want to pose as a challenge. After reading some comments in a earlier weekly challenge............I decide on this technique. I challenge you to ALTER  a photo in your LO. It can be digital( framing the photo, changing the color of photo, blurring parts of it or anything else), inking, sanding, painting or layering on top of another photo, etc. or any combination of the above. Please tell us how you altered your photo.

***I could not get on this site this morning and have tried twice, just now, to upload my photo with no luck..............will try this evening!

Well, finally able to upload photos!!

In my LO, I sanded the edges of the 3x5 photo.......I also inked it and then layered it on top of the same photo but larger.

********I will keep this post open till next Sunday then draw a name for a customized RAK.

Thank you all for submitting sooooooo many different ideas during this challenge! I love them all!

************** The winner of this week's RAK is.............................Laurie. YDS pulled your name out of the ball cap! Congrats!!

I will get the prize out to you the end of this week as I need to pick up your specialized goodies.

MY BLOG:  http://cozienookhomestead.wordpress.com

2013 Pages Completed: 62

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 36,557
Laurie replied on Mon, Mar 4 2013 2:16 PM

Thanks Robyn - looking forward to seeing what you've done!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,478
mll replied on Mon, Mar 4 2013 9:53 PM

Thanks for hosting/posting Robyn.  Looking forward to seeing your LO!

Mary Lou

LO count:    12         Card Count:  22    Christmas Card Count:       Projects:  2

Follow Me on Pinterest

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 11,943

Perfect Robyn I have just done a LO where I altered the photo to be tinted blue to fit the page!!!

Here is mine for your fabulous challenge!!!!

Thanks for hosting Robyn!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 36,557
Laurie replied on Tue, Mar 5 2013 12:01 PM

Jo-Anne - that is beautiful - so sweet and tender - love the floating bubbles - and all the delicate embellies - fabric, butterflies & tendrils!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,238
Gayle replied on Tue, Mar 5 2013 4:55 PM

Wow, cool layout Jo~Anne!  That picture looks great tinted blue.  I would have never thought of that!

Badge 2 Stickers 125 Howdy, Campers! Earn Your Badges at CK Summer Camp 2012Badge 5 Fabric and Digi 125 Howdy, Campers! Earn Your Badges at CK Summer Camp 2012Badge 3 Various Mediums 125 Howdy, Campers! Earn Your Badges at CK Summer Camp 2012 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,522

Wow...........JoAnne!!! Fabulous LO and soooo fast! 

I love the delicateness and tenderness of this LO! The butterflies and sheer fabric give it a sweet flowing feeling. Terrific use of the color blue..........great choice. I love that you  split the photo up so it fits into the film strip.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 36,557
Laurie replied on Tue, Mar 5 2013 7:03 PM

Wonderful LO Robyn - love the stacked photo!!!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 36,557
Laurie replied on Wed, Mar 6 2013 3:56 AM

Not sure I am going to have much scrappy time this week.........I did this LO about a week ago for a different challenge.  I also stacked the photo............ and very lightly inked the edge of the smaller one. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,522

Laurie:

Not sure I am going to have much scrappy time this week.........I did this LO about a week ago for a different challenge.  I also stacked the photo............ and very lightly inked the edge of the smaller one. 

Laurie...........I love your use of color! The contrast is stunning. You have achieved a fantastic feeling of movement with the whirlie gig and butterfly. The journal strips are so formal................the brad attachment is a brilliant idea. How did you get the cute cut out above the butterfly? Love it!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,478
mll replied on Wed, Mar 6 2013 7:35 AM

That's a great challenge Robin.  Thanks for hosting and posting!! :)

Mary Lou

LO count:    12         Card Count:  22    Christmas Card Count:       Projects:  2

Follow Me on Pinterest

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 36,557
Laurie replied on Wed, Mar 6 2013 12:00 PM

Robyn - thanks!  Above the butterfly is just a round piece of pp (that I received in a toss) with some tear shaped gems around it.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 11,943

Robyn I love your LO, that gorgeous straw pp and textures and dimension with the layering of gorgeous embellies. Love the bakers twine and natural fabrics. You have a gift with the rustic look. He is a beauty for sure!!!

Laurie that is a gogeous LO, she is such a natural poser that one you are lucky! I love the photo and diecut background, pinwheel, bold choice of pp in contrast and textures and pp strips and journaling strips.  Gorgeous flower and butterfly. hmmm didn't see this one in your gallery yet ( or did I miss it?)

Thank you Robyn , Lauire and Gayle for the comments on mine! ( I forgot to post the link to it never mind).

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 649

Got this one done - need to take a picture and post.

2013 Progress: Completed - 87 total pages,  7 cards  March Dash your Stash Count: 25 Done 20 Goal - Exceeded!!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 649

I altered the photo from color to black & white because the colors in the picture did not go with the papers I had picked. I did a second one this month too - changing photos to sepia.

2013 Progress: Completed - 87 total pages,  7 cards  March Dash your Stash Count: 25 Done 20 Goal - Exceeded!!

Page 1 of 3 (36 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
FAQ | About Us | Privacy Policy | Guarantee | Join Copyright ©2014, Creative Crafts Group, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use