As a Thanksgiving Dinner Guest (k2)

rated by 0 users
This post has 13 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 8,141
KathyK2 Posted: Sun, Nov 25 2012 10:19 PM

My dear friends invited me to their home for Thanksgiving and I accepted.  I so much appreciated the invitation.  I asked if I could bring a dish and of course, Terri said there would be be plenty so there was no need. 

I fretted before I went about stopping and buying flowers or some kind of gift as a thank you.  It was a beautiful day and took my camera.  I was able to take a lot of pictures of their family enjoying the day.  By the grace of God, Rick discovered back in the summer he had a small cancer tumor in his lung and had a lobe of his lung removed.  This made his Thanksgiving extra special.  I took several pictures with him and his daughter and granddaughers.  Although they aren't professional quality - they were pretty good.  I'm glad I was able to do something meaningful for to make their holiday special!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 18,836
Bec_Scraps replied on Sun, Nov 25 2012 11:27 PM

Kathy, I'm sure that meant way more than bringing flowers!  Sounds like you had a good day.

Becky

Completed in 2013.  Scrapbook Pages 59  Card 2

My Blog:   The Popsicle Tree 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 21,758
Patty C replied on Mon, Nov 26 2012 6:22 AM

That is a really great gift.  You were there to document the day for them!  What a cool idea!  I hope your day was wonderful.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,302
ScrapJAG replied on Mon, Nov 26 2012 7:06 AM

Sounds like a wonderful day! Getting pictures means a lot. I used to say that people could take my pictures away from me, but nobody could take my memories. Well, as I get older, I realize that my memories aren't taken, but they sure disappear somewhere! LOL So, those pictures ARE quite valuable... to ME! I end up taking LOTS of pictures so I know my memories will be there.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,480
Shanon replied on Mon, Nov 26 2012 7:27 AM

Kathy - that was a thoughtful thing to do for the family.  They will cherish those photos forever!

http://scrappingandtraveling.blogspot.com

March Dash Your Stash LO's: 0/15

Spending Freeze February 1-28:  I did it!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 36,557
Laurie replied on Mon, Nov 26 2012 8:25 AM

Kathy - I am sure the photos will mean so much more to them!  So very sweet of you!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 16,758
GLOANN replied on Mon, Nov 26 2012 8:37 AM

As a guest at my dinner, you and your camera would have been so welcome. It is so hard to get pictures when you're the host/hostess and I'm sure this was the best gift you could have given them. I would have loved for someone to have done that for me.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,711
SandyP replied on Mon, Nov 26 2012 5:07 PM

What a wonderful gift. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 15,524
Moongirl replied on Mon, Nov 26 2012 5:17 PM

What a great gift!  More appreciated than flowers, I'm sure.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,369
mainly me replied on Mon, Nov 26 2012 6:09 PM

So thoughtful, Kathy, and certainly a more long lasting gift than flowers. You'd be welcome at my table anytime!

1537.FPWa.jpg

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 22,603

That is the perfect gift and they'll cherish those memories forever.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 18,724

What you did is probably the best give ever!  Good for you!

Steffanie

My Blog

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,612

That was an awesome way to show your appreciation and I am sure they were thrilled to be able to have the pictures.

Gloria   

Dash your Stash:  April:  3/10 layouts

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 16,495

It sounds like you had a lovely day and gave Terri & her family a gift that they will treasure forever.  Bless you for your thoughtfulness. 

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS
FAQ | About Us | Privacy Policy | Guarantee | Join © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use