Club CK is a positive gathering place for people to share their love of
scrapbooking, their creativity, and their lives. We're here to support one
another and share together. Please keep your participation on the Club site
constructive and/or positive. More details are below.
Club CK maintains the interactive
portion(s) of this Web site as a service free of charge. By using any
interactive services provided herein, you are agreeing to comply with and be
bound by the terms, conditions and notices relating to its use.
1. As a condition of your use of this Web site and the interactive services
contained therein, you represent and warrant to Club CK that you will not use
this Web site for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms,
conditions, and notices.
2. This Web site contains the following services, henceforth known as called
"interactive services": forums, groups, galleries, comment abilities, private
messaging, and interactive slideshows.
You agree to use such services only to send and receive messages and material
that are proper and related to the particular service. In using these services, you agree that you will not:
- Publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, profane,
derogatory, defamatory, infringing, improper, obscene, indecent, or unlawful
topic, name, material or information. All human photo subjects (excluding
infants three months of age and under) should be clothed where bathing suits
- Upload files that contain software or other material protected by
intellectual property laws or by rights of privacy of publicity unless you own
or control such rights or have received all necessary consents.
- Upload files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar
software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer.
- Advertise or offer to sell any goods or services for any commercial purpose. This includes
mentioning any product produced for profit by you or any company you are
affiliated with, unless that company is a direct sponsor of Club CK and has
coordinated with the Club CK Social Director regarding the post. This also
includes giving away a product for free when directing people to a for-profit
site. An exception is made for scrapbook-related notices posted in the Scrapbook
Products & Promos forum, which are allowed so long as they are not
repetitive or otherwise disruptive to the forum and Club CK community.
- Conduct or forward chain letters or pyramid schemes.
- Download for distribution in any manner any file posted by another user of a
forum that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed
in such manner.
- Defame, abuse, harass, put down, stalk, threaten, or otherwise violate the
legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Falsify or delete any author attributions, legal or other proper notices,
proprietary designations, labels of the origin, source of software, or other
material contained in a file that is uploaded.
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying any of the
3. Club CK has no obligation to monitor the bulletin board services, chat
areas, news groups, forums, communities and/or other message or communication
facilities (including slideshows). However, Club CK reserves the right at all
times to disclose any information deemed by Club CK necessary to satisfy any
applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit,
refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part.
4. You acknowledge that communications to or with all interactive services are not private communications; therefore
others may read your communications without your knowledge. You should always
use caution when providing any personal information about yourself or your
children. Club CK does not control or endorse the content, messages, or
information found in any interactive services, and specifically disclaims any
liability with regard to same and any actions resulting from your
participation. To the extent that there are moderators, forum managers or
hosts, none are authorized Club CK spokespersons, and their views do not
necessarily reflect those of Club CK.
5. The information, products, and services included on this Web site may
include inaccuracies or typographical errors. Changes are periodically added to
the information herein. Club CK may make improvements and/or changes in this
Web site at any time. Advice received via this Web site should not be relied
upon for personal, legal, or financial decisions, and you should consult an
appropriate professional for specific advice tailored to your situation.
6. Club CK makes no representations about the suitability, reliability,
timeliness, and accuracy of the information, products, and services contained
on this Web site for any purpose. All such information, products, and services
are provided "as is" without warranty of any kind.
7. Club CK hereby disclaims all warranties and conditions with regard to the
information, products, and services contained on this Web site, including all
implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular
purpose, title and non-infringement.
8. In no event shall Club CK be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive,
incidental, special, consequential damages or any damages whatsoever including,
without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profits, arising out of or
in any way connected with:
- the use or performance of this Web site,
- the delay or inability to use this Web site, or
- the provision of or failure to provide services,
nor for any information, software, products, services and related graphics
obtained through this Web site, or otherwise arising out of the use of this web
site, whether based on contract, tort, strict liability or otherwise, even if
Club CK has been advised of the possibility of damages.
9. Due to the fact that certain jurisdictions do not permit or recognize an
exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages,
the above limitation may not apply to you. If you are dissatisfied with any
exclusive remedy is to discontinue using this Web site.
10. Club CK reserves the right in its sole discretion to deny any user access
to this Web site, any interactive service herein, or any portion of this Web
site without notice, and the right to change the terms, conditions, and notices
under which this Web site is offered.
11. This Agreement contains the entire agreement between the parties relating
to the subject matter hereof and supersedes any and all prior agreements or
understandings, written or oral, between the parties related to the subject
matter hereof. No modification of this Agreement shall be valid unless made in
writing and signed by both of the parties hereto.
12. By submitting material to or through our site, you grant us and our
partners, agents, affiliates and service providers (collectively, "Affiliates"),
the non-exclusive right to reproduce, modify and distribute such material as we
see fit for any purpose in any form, media, or technology now known or later
developed. You agree that we and our Affiliates may identify you as the author
of any of your postings by name, email address or screen name as we see
appropriate. You also permit any other user to access, display, and print such
content for personal use. By submitting material to us, you are representing
that such material does not violate or infringe any rights of any third party,
including, but not limited to, copyright, trademark and other proprietary
rights. If any third-party content is included in any materials that you
submit, you must obtain permission from the content owner and attribute such
content to the owner.
14. You agree to hold us and our affiliates, agents and licensors harmless from
any claim that may arise from your use of any of our sites.
15. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the
laws of the State of Iowa. Exclusive jurisdiction and venue shall by in the
Madison County, Iowa Superior Court.
16. Binding Effect. This Agreement
shall be binding upon all who use Club CK services, property, and other assets
mentioned in this agreement with respect to this Web site and associated
content, and it supersedes all prior or contemporaneous communications and
proposals, whether electronic, oral or written with respect to this Web site. A
printed version of this agreement and of any notice given in electronic form
shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or
relating to this agreement to the same extent and subject to the same
conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and
maintained in printed form. Fictitious names of companies, products, people,
characters and/or data mentioned herein are not intended to represent any real
individual, company, product or event. Any rights not expressly granted herein