Top 10 Posters

NSD Countdown/Office: Scrapbook Supply Scavenger Hunt

Greetings, scrapbookers! This week we’re celebrating the week leading up to National Scrapbooking Day 2012 (Saturday, May 5) with the theme “scrapbooking around the house.” Each day we’ll host a variety of activities to get your scrap on, including tips, challenges, and prizes GALORE on both the Creating Keepsakes and Club CK blogs. On Saturday we’ll continue the festivities in both places, and we’ve also teamed up with Big Picture Classes to bring you FREE 12-hour Creative Crop (sign up to reserve your spot today).

As we scrapbook around the house, today we’re visiting the HOME OFFICE. Let’s see how scrapbooker Becky Olsen approaches it.

Office supplies are a part of almost every home; we can't live without our stapler, hole punch, and Post-it notes for a lot of every day tasks. With these products being so consistently and easily available in many different styles and colors, why not find some fun ways to incorporate them into our projects? To give this a try, we are going to have an office supply scavenger hunt! Now, this isn't going to be the typical kind of hunt where you will have to run around town to play along--instead, I will give a few clues for some objects that can be used on your pages, and you can try to find them around your home (or maybe ask your neighbor for some), and then create a one- or two-page layout using as many of these "scavenged" items as you would like.

Ready? Set... Go!

1. A little sticky and the rest is not, I stay where you put me on the spot.
  2. In different colors we leave our mark, you can doodle with light then journal with dark.
  3. If you need something to stick never fear, I always work whether in patterns or clear.
  4. Even if I am bent in an unusual way, the things you need to have kept together will always stay.
  5. Give both sides a pressure filled squeeze and I will leave a little metal that is sure to please.

Some other suggestions for additional items you might want to try using:

• Binder clips
  • Thumb tacks (remove sharp end with pliers, paint with nail polish and adhere with glue dot)
  • Highlighter pens
  • Lined notepaper
  • Rubber bands
  • Rolodex cards
  • Continue to let your imagination run wild!

Also, have fun altering these items! Glue gems to the top of paper clips or binder clips for some bling, or die cut felt pieces for great texture. Use nail polish on paper clips or binder clips in a favorite color or one that coordinates with some patterned paper you have had your eye on. Doodle a frame with a darker pen and fill it in with a variety of highlighter pens; after all, neon colors are super trendy right now!

Don't forget to share your project in the gallery and leave a link to the challenge. We can't wait to see how you scavenge your office!

--Becky Olsen

Create a one- or two-page layout using office supplies from the scavenger hunt to win a bundle of office-themed scrapbooking supplies from Hampton Art and Kaisercraft. We'll randomly pick one challenge participant to win.

If you'd like to participate in the challenge, here's what to do:

1. Create a layout based on the challenge above.
  2. Upload a photograph or scan of your layout to the Club CK gallery. (how to upload to the gallery)
  3. Leave a comment below with the URL link to your layout in the Club CK gallery; for example, your comment could look like this: "Thanks for the great challenge! Here's my project: http://clubcreatingkeepsakes.com/media/p/31086.aspx."

Note: Previously created layouts are not eligible; images and comments must be posted on or after May 4, 2012, to be eligible.

Your images and comments must be posted before 9:00 am MDT on Monday, May 7, 2012, to be considered for the contest.

Congrats to our winner, Donna! To claim your prize, watch for a conversation on your profile page.

Comments

sixtyschild wrote re: NSD Countdown/Office: Scrapbook Supply Scavenger Hunt
on Friday, 4 May 2012, 12:38 PM

Excellent, hope I can do this one! great post and challenge Becky!

Ladyofthelake wrote re: NSD Countdown/Office: Scrapbook Supply Scavenger Hunt
on Friday, 4 May 2012, 3:02 PM

How fun!  Will work on this one later!

Gena wrote re: NSD Countdown/Office: Scrapbook Supply Scavenger Hunt
on Friday, 4 May 2012, 3:06 PM

That was fun!!  I ended up using a sticky note (to ground my title); staples; an index card (journal block); a paper clip; and a pen.  clubcreatingkeepsakes.com/.../914114.aspx

Becky wrote re: NSD Countdown/Office: Scrapbook Supply Scavenger Hunt
on Saturday, 5 May 2012, 9:41 AM

Here's mine: clubcreatingkeepsakes.com/.../914489.aspx

I used paper clips, staples and a standard office hole puncher. Thanks for the great ideas and fun challenge!

SandyP wrote re: NSD Countdown/Office: Scrapbook Supply Scavenger Hunt
on Saturday, 5 May 2012, 3:31 PM

Thanks for the great challenge... I used staples and a binder clip.

clubcreatingkeepsakes.com/.../914921.aspx

Jennie wrote re: NSD Countdown/Office: Scrapbook Supply Scavenger Hunt
on Sunday, 6 May 2012, 12:12 AM

What a fun challenge!! I used Correction Tape, Label Maker and, Paper Clips!!

I hope you like it :0)

clubcreatingkeepsakes.com/.../915155.aspx

sixtyschild wrote re: NSD Countdown/Office: Scrapbook Supply Scavenger Hunt
on Sunday, 6 May 2012, 9:31 AM

Very Inspiring challenge, I used my childrens school portraits from a few years back for this wonderful challenge! Here is mine, I even took close up photos of the office supplies used! I specifically chose for this challenge~ cellotape, correction fluid, staples and staple box, paperclips, highlighter, ruler, protractor, mini sticky notes, and some really cute buttons from buttons gallore- school days- computer, laptop, pencils, crayon, backpack, sneakers,

TFL....

clubcreatingkeepsakes.com/.../915275.aspx

LCJinRoslyn PA wrote re: NSD Countdown/Office: Scrapbook Supply Scavenger Hunt
on Sunday, 6 May 2012, 6:34 PM

Here's mine -- the lightbulb went off when I read this challenge, as I was already planning to do this LO about a trip to the Model Railroad! I used staples for the ties between glitter-glue "track"!

clubcreatingkeepsakes.com/.../915589.aspx

LCJinRoslyn PA wrote re: NSD Countdown/Office: Scrapbook Supply Scavenger Hunt
on Sunday, 6 May 2012, 6:51 PM

Not sure if my comment made it or not -- Here's mine: clubcreatingkeepsakes.com/.../915589.aspx

The lightbulb went off when I was reading this challenge - I was ready to do this LO of our visit to the model railroad! I used STAPLES for railroad ties on a glitter-glue track!

scrappinmom99 wrote re: NSD Countdown/Office: Scrapbook Supply Scavenger Hunt
on Sunday, 6 May 2012, 7:55 PM

Here is mine! It was perfect timing as I ran out of adhesive over NSD lol! I used staples and paper clips on this layout along with other ways to attach things!

clubcreatingkeepsakes.com/.../915598.aspx

Hattie wrote re: NSD Countdown/Office: Scrapbook Supply Scavenger Hunt
on Sunday, 6 May 2012, 8:37 PM

Here's mine.  I had more "office supplies" in my craftroom than I thought....

clubcreatingkeepsakes.com/.../915683.aspx

JJsMomSteph wrote re: NSD Countdown/Office: Scrapbook Supply Scavenger Hunt
on Sunday, 6 May 2012, 10:18 PM

Here is my layout using a clip: clubcreatingkeepsakes.com/.../915743.aspx

Cards4Ever wrote re: NSD Countdown/Office: Scrapbook Supply Scavenger Hunt
on Sunday, 6 May 2012, 11:06 PM

I used index card and a paper clip on this page.

clubcreatingkeepsakes.com/.../915776.aspx

Donna wrote re: NSD Countdown/Office: Scrapbook Supply Scavenger Hunt
on Sunday, 6 May 2012, 11:43 PM

clubcreatingkeepsakes.com/.../915790.aspx

This was fun hunting for the supplies!

FAQ | About Us | Privacy Policy | Guarantee | Join © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.