Top 10 Posters

One-Hour Challenge: Ribbon Banners

Hi there! Jen Shears here from May Arts, and I'm playing with ribbon in this challenge. The banner craze is still in full swing, and ribbon is the perfect material to make them! With so many colors, patterns, widths and textures, you are limited only by your imagination.

The Fair by Jen Shears for May Arts Ribbon and Creating Keepsakes. May Arts ribbon used: ¼" turquoise grosgrain/picot edge, yellow baker's twine, 1.5" organic cotton stripe, ¾" twill stripes, ½"solid wrinkle, 1.5" butterscotch/ivory grosgrain stipe, yellow woven burlap.

In this layout I've added a ribbon banner hung on baker's twine to underline the title. I simply folded the ribbon down over the baker's twine and glued the top to the back of the ribbon.

To create the pennant border on the other page, I used small pieces of many different ribbons, cutting each one in a banner shape. It's as easy as folding the ribbon in half and cutting a V shape at the end.

Here's what all that ribbon looks like under the pictures. I placed the ribbons where I liked them and carefully sewed them in place. I love the way you can layer lots of ribbon without adding much bulk!

So there you have it: two ways to make ribbon banners. I'm looking forward to seeing which inspires you!

--Jen Shears, Prima Ribbonista from May Arts Ribbon

Challenge Instructions

If you'd like to participate in the one-hour version of the challenge, you have one hour to create a project showcasing a ribbon banner. At the end of that time, photograph or scan your project and upload the image to the Club CK gallery (how to upload your project). Then leave a comment below with the URL link to your page by 2:15 pm MDT today, April 4 (that's 4:15 pm EDT, 3:15 pm CDT, and 1:15 pm PDT). For example, your comment could look like this: "Thanks for the fantastic challenge! My page is posted here: http://clubcreatingkeepsakes.com/media/p/31086.aspx."

If you weren't able to complete your project during the live challenge, or if you'd like to spend more time working on it, you have until 9:00 a.m. MDT Monday, April 9, 2012, to complete the "long challenge."  Follow the above instructions for posting your project and commenting. One winner will be chosen from each group and will receive a choice of any three spools from the May Arts Ribbon store

Note: Previously created layouts are not eligible; images and comments must be posted on or after April 4, 2012, to be eligible.

Winners

Congratulations to our winners! The winner for the one-hour version is susanbudge, and the winner for the long version is Becky. Watch for a message in your profile inbox to claim your prize!

Comments

Kanike wrote re: One-Hour Challenge: Ribbon Banners
on Wednesday, 4 April 2012, 2:06 PM

Great challenge...I look forward to using all my bits & pieces of ribbon.

Katie wrote re: One-Hour Challenge: Ribbon Banners
on Wednesday, 4 April 2012, 2:42 PM

I just finished mine! Uploading pictures now........................ ;)

Katie wrote re: One-Hour Challenge: Ribbon Banners
on Wednesday, 4 April 2012, 2:50 PM

Here's mine! clubcreatingkeepsakes.com/.../893028.aspx

I had made the "book paper" a while back, and finally got around to using it today. I loved this challenge, the ribbon makes a great banner. :)

Katie wrote re: One-Hour Challenge: Ribbon Banners
on Wednesday, 4 April 2012, 2:53 PM

I'm not sure if my first comment worked? Here's the link to my layout-

clubcreatingkeepsakes.com/.../893028.aspx

SandyP wrote re: One-Hour Challenge: Ribbon Banners
on Wednesday, 4 April 2012, 2:55 PM

I found this link by looking at "who's on-line" I.E. fellow peeps...

I'm not seeing any link on the Club CK Blog or This Weeks Happenings?  Am I missing something?

susanbudge wrote re: One-Hour Challenge: Ribbon Banners
on Wednesday, 4 April 2012, 2:58 PM

my picture will not upload to the gallery.

Kanike wrote re: One-Hour Challenge: Ribbon Banners
on Wednesday, 4 April 2012, 2:58 PM

This was fun! I need to fix the lace a little bit to hide the staples, but here it is:

clubcreatingkeepsakes.com/.../893035.aspx

susanbudge wrote re: One-Hour Challenge: Ribbon Banners
on Wednesday, 4 April 2012, 2:59 PM
Kanike wrote re: One-Hour Challenge: Ribbon Banners
on Wednesday, 4 April 2012, 3:00 PM

Well, my first post isn't showing up yet so I'll try again...

clubcreatingkeepsakes.com/.../893035.aspx

Virginia L. wrote re: One-Hour Challenge: Ribbon Banners
on Wednesday, 4 April 2012, 3:04 PM

Here is my layout: www.flickr.com/.../photostream

(will try to upload to CK gallery). First time here--having some trouble uploading. Thanks for the fun challenge!

lovetoteach23 wrote re: One-Hour Challenge: Ribbon Banners
on Wednesday, 4 April 2012, 3:11 PM

Do we get more than an hour since this wasn't up.

Virginia L. wrote re: One-Hour Challenge: Ribbon Banners
on Wednesday, 4 April 2012, 3:14 PM

Mine got uploaded--finally! I think I know how now. Thanks for looking!

clubcreatingkeepsakes.com/.../893047.aspx

kjacob wrote re: One-Hour Challenge: Ribbon Banners
on Wednesday, 4 April 2012, 3:39 PM

Got a late start and had upload issues, but here is mine: clubcreatingkeepsakes.com/.../893056.aspx

Elizabeth wrote re: One-Hour Challenge: Ribbon Banners
on Wednesday, 4 April 2012, 3:41 PM

Well I missed the hour because I had to upload my photos, make my post and then realized I was not a member here so I had to sign up first - LOL  With as passionate as I am about scrapbooking how is it that I did not join this site sooner?  Anyway, here is my layout ejoym.blogspot.com/.../dotty-for-you-layout.html

Elizabeth wrote re: One-Hour Challenge: Ribbon Banners
on Wednesday, 4 April 2012, 4:05 PM

Ok i did not realize you had to upload the photo to the gallery here I am trying but failing miserably at uploading the photo.  Here is my attempt clubcreatingkeepsakes.com/.../893086.aspx

CK Jennafer Martin wrote re: One-Hour Challenge: Ribbon Banners
on Wednesday, 4 April 2012, 4:12 PM

We'll extend the deadline for the one-hour to two because of the delay. Thanks for your patience!

sixtyschild wrote re: One-Hour Challenge: Ribbon Banners
on Wednesday, 4 April 2012, 5:39 PM

Excellent challenge, sorry peeps had some issues with it, 1 hour challenges are awesome and I really hate missing the live version, but not got home from nightshift (New Zealand), so will have to create mine later..need to sleep! Have a great day everyone.

Gayle wrote re: One-Hour Challenge: Ribbon Banners
on Thursday, 5 April 2012, 10:40 AM

Here's a ribbon banner I did:

clubcreatingkeepsakes.com/.../893407.aspx

I used the sketch from the weekly challenge!

Gayle wrote re: One-Hour Challenge: Ribbon Banners
on Thursday, 5 April 2012, 10:43 AM

I tried to post earlier and it didn't go so I'm trying again.

Here's my ribbon banner.  I used the sketch from the weekly challenge:

clubcreatingkeepsakes.com/.../893407.aspx

susanbudge wrote re: One-Hour Challenge: Ribbon Banners
on Thursday, 5 April 2012, 11:04 AM

just tried again but still no luck. I click on new project ...click on the picture i want to upload and then the small save button but it never leaves that window. Weird!  Sorry! I did post it on facebook.

paperobsessed wrote re: One-Hour Challenge: Ribbon Banners
on Thursday, 5 April 2012, 9:53 PM
sixtyschild wrote re: One-Hour Challenge: Ribbon Banners
on Friday, 6 April 2012, 6:34 AM

Fun challenge..I added a 'twist' to my banner, here is mine...

clubcreatingkeepsakes.com/.../893911.aspx

JJsMomSteph wrote re: One-Hour Challenge: Ribbon Banners
on Saturday, 7 April 2012, 11:33 AM

Here is my layout with a ribbon banner: clubcreatingkeepsakes.com/.../894836.aspx

scrappinmom99 wrote re: One-Hour Challenge: Ribbon Banners
on Saturday, 7 April 2012, 2:57 PM
Cards4Ever wrote re: One-Hour Challenge: Ribbon Banners
on Saturday, 7 April 2012, 7:35 PM

Here is mine. I did a k noted banner

clubcreatingkeepsakes.com/.../895080.aspx

Shannon Blinn wrote re: One-Hour Challenge: Ribbon Banners
on Saturday, 7 April 2012, 8:35 PM

Here is my take on the challenge...

clubcreatingkeepsakes.com/.../895125.aspx

Thanks for the inspiration! This is a perfect way to use up some of my ribbon in a new way!!

Merry wrote re: One-Hour Challenge: Ribbon Banners
on Saturday, 7 April 2012, 10:40 PM

Love the ribbon cabinet!  Here's mine:

clubcreatingkeepsakes.com/.../895197.aspx

Cristina wrote re: One-Hour Challenge: Ribbon Banners
on Sunday, 8 April 2012, 7:09 PM

What a fun challenge! Here's my page with the ribbon banner:

clubcreatingkeepsakes.com/.../895595.aspx

TWanderson wrote re: One-Hour Challenge: Ribbon Banners
on Sunday, 8 April 2012, 11:04 PM

Finally found a minute to do this! Geez! Life is busy!

clubcreatingkeepsakes.com/.../895799.aspx

Becky wrote re: One-Hour Challenge: Ribbon Banners
on Monday, 9 April 2012, 5:07 AM

Here's mine: clubcreatingkeepsakes.com/.../895884.aspx

I turned the banner into a full circle wreath. So fun working with my ribbon stash for a change.

Hattie wrote re: One-Hour Challenge: Ribbon Banners
on Monday, 9 April 2012, 8:30 AM

Thanks for the great challenge.  What a great way to use up little pieces of ribbon.

clubcreatingkeepsakes.com/.../895957.aspx

FAQ | About Us | Privacy Policy | Guarantee | Join Copyright ©2014, Creative Crafts Group, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.