Top 10 Posters

April 2012 Pinterest Challenge

Editor's note: Today's challenge is brought to you by Stacy Cohen, a member of the CK Dream Team. We thought you'd like to get to know her a little bit better, so we're starting off with this short interview before jumping into the Pinterest challenge.

Interview with Stacy Cohen

CK: Do you have a few people who keep showing up again and again on your pages? Who are they, and why do you love to scrapbook about them?

Stacy: Almost all of my pages feature my daughters.  They are the reason I started scrapbooking, and they are the inspiration for my creative endeavors.  Occasionally I make pages that are just about me, my husband, my parents or our cats, but I have the most fun scrapping pictures of my girls.

CK: It's 11 pm Friday night and you're scrapbooking on an empty stomach. It's time for a special treat. What do you grab?

Stacy: Actually, I do grab a snack every night while I'm scrapbooking, usually around 9:00pm.  If I must confess, my regular nightly snack is a small bowl of Dreyer's ice cream - half Cookie Dough and half Peanut Butter Cup.  I always look forward to this little snack break!  If I feel like I need to eat something a *little* healthier, I might have a handful of chocolate- or yogurt-covered almonds (because almonds are good for us, right?).

CK: Name the first three places that come to mind when you're asked where you'd love to go on a vacation.

Stacy: Hawaii is at the very top of my list.  I've been fortunate to have traveled to many places all around the world, but Hawaii remains my favorite destination.  The Second runner up would be Greece.   Third would be Australia, because I've never been there and I've always wanted to visit.

CK: What are you reading right now?

Stacy: The Postcard Killers by James Patterson

CK: Give us an idea for a mini album you haven't created yet but would like to.

Stacy: It would be fun to make a mini album out of something a bit different, like old vinyl 45 records or embroidery loops as the pages.  I saved some cardboard coffee cup cozies from a cruise we went on a couple years ago and I planned to make a mini travel album using those as the base (but I haven't gotten around to it yet).

Pinterest Challenge

Pinterest is quickly becoming a very popular website for visual people. With the ability to "pin" any image you find online, users can visually bookmark and share tutorials, ideas, and images. If you don't have a Pinterest account yet, go there and request an invite. Typically you'll receive your invitation within 24 hours and will be ready to get started! Be sure to follow Creating Keepsakes on Pinterest by clicking this button:

Using an image that isn't necessarily scrapbook-related and creating a layout based on what you like about it is a very fun way to use the site. For this challenge, that's exactly what you'll get to do! Choose one or more of the following images for inspiration. If you click on them it'll take you to the image on Pinterest. On Pinterest, images will link back to the original source. If images are removed from the original source, they will still remain on Pinterest.

Inspiration

1.  These gorgeous pink and purple ruffles are dreamy

2.  I love the white on white.

3.  This is such a great way to decorate your wall . . . and your scrapbook pages!

4.  I love quilt patterns, and they are a hot trend in scrapbooking right now.

5.  These rainbow tags are pure eye candy!

Creation

I was inspired by the last Pinterest pin with the rainbow tags.  I love to make layouts and home décor projects with a rainbow of color, so I decided to make a layout about it.  I punched tags from colorful patterned paper and then used them to create a border for my photo section.

Supplies:  Patterned Paper: Canvas Corp; Cardstock: Bazzill Basics; Alphabet Stickers: BasicGrey; Baker's Twine:  Jillibean Soup and The Twinery; Paint: DecoArt; Die-cutting machine: Sizzix; Die: My Favorite Things; Pen: American Crafts; Punch: EK Success; Adhesive: Tombow.

--Stacy Cohen, CK Dream Team member

Challenge

You can win a rainbow of scrapbook supplies! We'll randomly pick one challenge participant to win. If you'd like to participate in the challenge, here's what to do:

1. Create a layout using one of the Pinterest images posted above as inspiration.
  2. Upload a photograph or scan of your layout to the Club CK gallery. (Learn how to upload to the gallery here.)
  3. Leave a comment below with the URL link to your memorabilia layout in the Club CK gallery; for example, your comments could look like this: "I used the blank image as inspiration: http://clubcreatingkeepsakes.com/media/p/31086.aspx."

Note: Previously created layouts are not eligible; images and comments must be posted on or after April 2, 2012, to be eligible. Your images and comments must be posted before 9:00 am (MDT) on Monday, April 9, 2012, to be considered for the contest.

Winner

Congratulations to our winner, Heather (see her layout). Watch for a message in your profile inbox to claim your prize!

Comments

GLOANN wrote re: April 2012 Pinterest Challenge
on Monday, 2 April 2012, 11:21 AM

That first pic with all the yummy shades of lavender and the ruffles really inspires me. Great challenge.

sixtyschild wrote re: April 2012 Pinterest Challenge
on Monday, 2 April 2012, 11:21 AM

Oh my gosh, nice to meet you Stacy! lovely interview, adorable and inspiring LO and darling pinterest images. I love these challenges, thanks for posting Nicole! now to choose which one???? amazing and inspiring, you cann count on me for this one AGAIN! Oh and awesome prize package!

Ladyofthelake wrote re: April 2012 Pinterest Challenge
on Monday, 2 April 2012, 1:33 PM

What an assortment of inspiration..what to choose, what to choose....

Thanks, Stacy!!

Gena wrote re: April 2012 Pinterest Challenge
on Monday, 2 April 2012, 3:58 PM

I was inspired by the white letters on the white background.  Here is my LO:  clubcreatingkeepsakes.com/.../891513.aspx

Thanks for the challenge!

Merry wrote re: April 2012 Pinterest Challenge
on Monday, 2 April 2012, 8:43 PM

The inspirations are beautiful...I want to create one of each...can someone please stop the clock for a couple days??!!!  Love your LO...so want to scraplift that one!  Thanks for the fun challenge!!!

lovetoteach23 wrote re: April 2012 Pinterest Challenge
on Monday, 2 April 2012, 10:23 PM

I will definitely have time this week to do at least one of them, it's so hard to pick!

SandyP wrote re: April 2012 Pinterest Challenge
on Wednesday, 4 April 2012, 11:18 AM

I loved picture #2.  The white on white.  Since The white wouldn't work for my photos...I used the tone on tone idea...

clubcreatingkeepsakes.com/.../892894.aspx

I love the look!

Stacy Cohen wrote re: April 2012 Pinterest Challenge
on Wednesday, 4 April 2012, 7:13 PM

I'm glad you like the challenge pictures, ladies!  Believe me, it was very hard to narrow it down to just five because I found so many inspirational things on Pinterest.  I think I'm officially addicted to Pinterest now.

I love your page, Sandy!

Katie wrote re: April 2012 Pinterest Challenge
on Thursday, 5 April 2012, 7:32 AM

I was super inspired by the picture of the plates hanging on the wall, So i cut my pictures into circles and also used round embellies. ;)

clubcreatingkeepsakes.com/.../893328.aspx

Heather wrote re: April 2012 Pinterest Challenge
on Friday, 6 April 2012, 8:02 AM

I was inspired by #4 the quilt patterns... I love this trend too :)

clubcreatingkeepsakes.com/.../893953.aspx

Becca wrote re: April 2012 Pinterest Challenge
on Friday, 6 April 2012, 6:50 PM

I was inspired by the first picture. I loved all the sparkles! This was a really fun challenge! clubcreatingkeepsakes.com/.../894427.aspx

Laurie wrote re: April 2012 Pinterest Challenge
on Saturday, 7 April 2012, 4:01 AM

Here's mine.  Thanks for the inspiration!

clubcreatingkeepsakes.com/.../894591.aspx

sixtyschild wrote re: April 2012 Pinterest Challenge
on Saturday, 7 April 2012, 6:09 AM

Thankyou Stacey for the wonderfully inspiring challenge, It was hard to choose which pic as I really loved the 1st one, but couldn't find a suitable photo so I decided to go with the 2nd pic, 'white on white', and challenge myself to keep monotone. Really enjoyed it too!

Here is my 'white on white' LO for this challenge...

clubcreatingkeepsakes.com/.../894617.aspx

Cristina wrote re: April 2012 Pinterest Challenge
on Saturday, 7 April 2012, 10:51 AM

I was inspired by the quilt in #4 for my page! Thanks for the challenge!

clubcreatingkeepsakes.com/.../893926.aspx

I am in love with your rainbow page, wow!

Gayle wrote re: April 2012 Pinterest Challenge
on Saturday, 7 April 2012, 11:10 AM

I was inspired by the white on white, here's mine:

clubcreatingkeepsakes.com/.../894804.aspx

scrappinmom99 wrote re: April 2012 Pinterest Challenge
on Saturday, 7 April 2012, 2:59 PM

Here is my entry. Today is my birthday and all I have done so far is scrap!!! And now we are going out to dinner. I used the first picture with the pink & purple & the flowers.

clubcreatingkeepsakes.com/.../894954.aspx

Ladyofthelake wrote re: April 2012 Pinterest Challenge
on Saturday, 7 April 2012, 4:20 PM

Here's mine:  I took inspiration from the quilts -- and used a pinwheel quilt motif for the top and bottom borders:  clubcreatingkeepsakes.com/.../894984.aspx

Angela wrote re: April 2012 Pinterest Challenge
on Sunday, 8 April 2012, 9:45 PM

I was inspired by the rainbow tags! Here is my layout: clubcreatingkeepsakes.com/.../895763.aspx

Becky wrote re: April 2012 Pinterest Challenge
on Monday, 9 April 2012, 5:08 AM

The rainbow tags picture inspired me to make a Christmas-y rainbow wreath. It was so fun doing I'm sure I'll use this again. clubcreatingkeepsakes.com/.../895884.aspx

Thanks for the inspiration!

sherry wrote re: April 2012 Pinterest Challenge
on Monday, 9 April 2012, 8:22 AM

here's my LO inspiration from

1.  These gorgeous pink and purple ruffles are dreamy!

sorry the lace around the pictures is so hard to see.  I need to add some purple.

clubcreatingkeepsakes.com/.../default.aspx

Stacy Cohen wrote re: April 2012 Pinterest Challenge
on Tuesday, 10 April 2012, 1:22 PM

Wow!  All of the layouts are fantastic!  I had fun hopping around and seeing everyone's take on the challenge photos.   Very creative!!

I hope I didn't miss anyone.  Sherry -- your link didn't work. :(

Thanks for playing along everyone!!

FAQ | About Us | Privacy Policy | Guarantee | Join © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.