5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers

Organizing your sticker stash doesn't have to be a sticky situation. Thanks to these five simple approaches, it's a breeze to find an orderly system that works for your unique scrapbooking style.

1. On-the-Wall Container: Store your stickers in a decorative rack that you can hang above your creative workspace. This approach will keep the creativity at your fingertips without interfering with your desk space.

2. DIY Sticker Spinner: Finding the sticker sheet you need is just a twist away with this organized approach. Turn a paper-towel holder into a rotating sticker station by first sliding pieces of sturdy cardstock into 8.5" x 11" sheet protectors (for added stability) and then inserting your stickers. Once your page protectors are loaded, attach them together with binder clips, and slide those clips around the center of your paper-towel holder.

Bonus Idea: If premade is your preferred method when it comes to finding organization solutions, check out the Clip-It-Up by Simply Renee

3. File-Folder Organization: You don't have to be a legal eagle to find the benefits in accordion-file folders. They're an ideal choice for stashing your stickers. For one, they open up nice and wide, giving you easy access to the contents. Also, they can quickly be tucked away when you're in between craft happenings. Plus, if you like to scrap on the go, they're a wonderful grab-and-go solution!

4. Basket Case: Add a decorative touch to your creative space that doubles as organization with a stylish basket. Whether you have one basket for all of your stickers or you choose to keep separate baskets for separate sticker themes, this approach will keep your collection out where you can see it and make the most of it!

5. On the Wire: Maximize your closet space, and hang your favorite sticker sheets across a curtain wire. This will leave you more shelf space for larger and heavier items, and you can just slide the stickers aside whenever you need to access the rest of your closet-contained goodies.

Ready to try out these sticker-organizing ideas? Enter here to win a stash of 100+ sticker sheets.

--Megan Hoeppner, Creating Keepsakes creative editor

Comments

Gramma06 wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Saturday, 24 April 2010, 6:05 PM

I love that DIY sticker spinner!!

PennStateMeg wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Saturday, 24 April 2010, 7:12 PM

I was just trying to find a good way to organize my stickers...thanks CK!

nativetxn wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Saturday, 24 April 2010, 8:21 PM

The DIY sticker spinner totally rocks and is sooo inexpensive. I love this idea and will be making me for myself. Thanks for the great idea

Noreen @ Scrap-n-Country wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Saturday, 24 April 2010, 9:48 PM

a paper towel holder... who would have thought????>  GREAT IDEA!

Jennifer wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Saturday, 24 April 2010, 9:51 PM

That DIY spinner is awesome!

lovetoteach23 wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Saturday, 24 April 2010, 11:30 PM

I use the Clip it up and LOVE IT!!!!

Erika H wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Sunday, 25 April 2010, 12:56 AM

the DIY sticker storage.. WHOLEY Hole Punchers Batman!  THAT IS THE BOMB  I am sooo all over that!

SnowBunny wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Sunday, 25 April 2010, 9:16 AM

I have the Clip-it-Up and love it.  The DIY sticker storage is really cool, too.

Emeraldvalkyrie wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Sunday, 25 April 2010, 9:20 AM

The DIY sticker spinner is such a cool idea!

Kristin Griesbaum wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Sunday, 25 April 2010, 10:14 AM

I have tried several different ways to organize my stickers.  I had them in 8-1/2 by 11 page protectors and then in ring binders but they were getting too heavy.  Now I have them in plastic baskets and then I have them organized by theme with a divider to seperate each theme.  I have four baskets (yes, I am a over-purchaser!) lol  On the end of the basket I have a cute file label with a list of themes in that basket.  They are on a shelf that is easy to reach.  I think this is my best way I have come up with.

3froggies wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Sunday, 25 April 2010, 12:57 PM

LOVE the paper towel holder idea, that is fabulous!

Lori wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Sunday, 25 April 2010, 4:36 PM

I *love* the paper towel holder idea!  That would work well for other embellishments too... chipboard accents, punch-outs, etc.

Cards4Ever wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Sunday, 25 April 2010, 4:48 PM

Great ideas. I think have to the paper towel holder idea.

Mousemom2 wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Sunday, 25 April 2010, 6:24 PM

I love these ideas! Especially the paper towel holder, quite clever!

birdie wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Sunday, 25 April 2010, 8:25 PM

What neat ideas.  I use the basket method and it seems to work for now.  But the wall sounds interesting.

Claudia M wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Sunday, 25 April 2010, 9:08 PM

I agree with everyone about the DIY sticker spinner rack. That is such a clever idea! And so inexpensive compared to the other spinner rack. Thanks for the inspiration CK!!

brown eyed girl wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Monday, 26 April 2010, 1:02 AM

Love the look of the hooks on the wire.  May have to try to find myself something like that!  Thanks for the tips!

Laurie wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Monday, 26 April 2010, 4:39 AM

Great ideas - especially like the wire racks on the wall!  Looks nice too.

D'LeeBug wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Monday, 26 April 2010, 4:56 AM

I do like the wire idea......

KayDee wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Monday, 26 April 2010, 7:13 AM

I think Wally World is going to run out of free standing paper towerl holders.  Love the idea!!

Mom2Rascal wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Monday, 26 April 2010, 8:06 AM

I am always looking for ways to store my stickers. . .currently have them separated by theme (wedding, pets, alphas, etc) on rings, but I'm alway having to dig to find what I want.  The DIY spinner is fantastic!  All I need is a paper towel holder, and I'm in business!

becky wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Monday, 26 April 2010, 8:32 AM

1. I love the DIY holder but I don't have table/counter space for that, but it is a cool idea!

2. I like the wire idea as well, wondering where to get those cute hooks?

3. I currently have mine stored in clamshell archive boxes by themes on my bookshelf

GLOANN wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Monday, 26 April 2010, 9:41 AM

I believe I am going to convert my sticker storage to the DIY spinner. Great idea! I now have mine in page protectors in an older 12x12 album. But I do not like dragging it out and going through to find what I want.

Michel E wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Monday, 26 April 2010, 10:05 AM

Love the idea using the paper towel holder.

Marcia Scantlin wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Monday, 26 April 2010, 10:28 AM

I like the clip on organizer where you can just spin to your heart's desire.

bahemrich wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Monday, 26 April 2010, 11:04 AM

Love the paper towel holder idea.

CK Community Blog wrote Celebrating Scrapbooking: CK's Countdown to National Scrapbooking Day
on Monday, 26 April 2010, 11:11 AM

Join CK for the Biggest Scrapbooking E-Party of the Year! Get ready for an energy-packed week of scrapbooking

Jennifer D wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Monday, 26 April 2010, 11:36 AM

Love the paper towel hodler idea!  I've been looking for a good way to organize my thicker collection and I think this might be the way to do it :)  Thanks for sharing!

Mou Saha wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Monday, 26 April 2010, 11:37 AM

NEATO!!!

Shanon wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Monday, 26 April 2010, 11:51 AM

I love the DIY Spinner....I may convert!  I am currently storing them in drawers sorted by themes.

Skeeter wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Monday, 26 April 2010, 1:26 PM

I also love the "paper towel holder" idea! I think I see yard sale-ing in my future! LOL!  ~Bev~

Sharon wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Monday, 26 April 2010, 3:01 PM

Love the paper towel stand re-purposing! I used a zippered binder that holds page protectors with different sized pockets and the sticker sheets are all sorted and filed by theme.

Tigerberry wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Monday, 26 April 2010, 3:10 PM

I would really like to do the DIY spinner, but first I have to find room to put it.  I am running out of counter top space.  I have mine in a long basket with a lid.  Within the basket is a plastic file folder with stickers seperated into catagories.  I also have some with each of the projects that I have yet to do.  I am almost as bad about buying too many embelishments as I am about paper.

Dreamin wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Monday, 26 April 2010, 3:34 PM

Love the little spinner idea, so cool!!

Karen wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Monday, 26 April 2010, 4:40 PM

I love the DIY paper towel holder for the stickers.  I use baskets for my items, but I think I will try the paper towel holder idea.

Becky Olsen wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Monday, 26 April 2010, 6:48 PM

Super clever!!

Going to try that paper towel one asap!!

Bethany Payne wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Monday, 26 April 2010, 6:56 PM

I currently have my stickers organized in mini accordian files and labeled by theme, but I love the paper towel holder idea!

Robyn Ahders wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Monday, 26 April 2010, 6:59 PM

I LOVE the paper towel holder spinner idea! I could also use it for all my acrylic stamp sets! Thanks so much for the great idea, keep those clever storage ideas coming!  I'm always looking for storage solutions.

Nancy wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Monday, 26 April 2010, 7:03 PM

I like the spinner idea because you can see what you have quickly and it doesn't take up a lot of space.  Genius!

Laura wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Monday, 26 April 2010, 7:06 PM

Great ideas. Thanks

Karen K Saul wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Monday, 26 April 2010, 7:08 PM

Love the sticker spinner. I have my stickers organized in baskets and categorize them.

Laura K wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Monday, 26 April 2010, 7:14 PM

I'm definitrly going for the paper towel holder!

Martine Labelle wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Monday, 26 April 2010, 7:19 PM

I LOVE the DIY Sticker Spinner!! what a great idea! I need to make one for my stickers AND for my rubons!! thanks for the idea!

Kari Sanchez wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Monday, 26 April 2010, 7:19 PM

I love all of these ideas and I like the one for the wall and the accordian file to go...I am going to do both!!!! and of course I have to pass these on to my scrapping and cardmaking buddies!!

Cindy R wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Monday, 26 April 2010, 7:39 PM

What cool use for a paper towel holder.

klasickewpie wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Monday, 26 April 2010, 7:50 PM

Amazing!!!!  I'm going to get my non-working PT holder from the basement.  Thanks for the great tip!

Melitta Ball wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Monday, 26 April 2010, 7:52 PM

I have been using a folder file box but find that I was 'forgetting' to use my stickers since they were tucked away.  I was medically retired in 2004 and so now my husband is the only bread winner in our home, so frugal scrapbooking is my hobby.  I was so excited to see the idea of the 'paper towel holder', as they are a dime a dozen in the thrift stores and this option will put my stickers 'front & center' on my scraptable!  Thank you so much for this awesome idea!

Melitta

BC Canada

ballfore@gmail.com

storybooksalon wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Monday, 26 April 2010, 8:08 PM

LOVE the paper towel holder idea!  Where did the S hooks come from that hang on the wire?  I love those too and want some!

Sandy Wing wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Monday, 26 April 2010, 8:39 PM

What a great idea to use the paper towel holder for storing stickers.  A drawer just does not work.  I also love the idea a storing the acryllic stamps like that.  Thanks!

3ggirls wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Monday, 26 April 2010, 8:49 PM

Love the paper towel holder idea for stickers--I am going to try that one! Thanks for the great idea!

Heather M wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Monday, 26 April 2010, 9:21 PM

I like to use the File Folder system with handles so I can take it to  crops. I have them labeled so they are easier to find.

Laurie B wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Monday, 26 April 2010, 9:37 PM

I love the paper towel holder idea. I use an accordion file sorted by theme.

melschwarz wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Monday, 26 April 2010, 9:38 PM

I love the idea of using the paper towel rack.  I currently store them in the 12x12 case in plastic baggies by subject.  My alph has it's own case.  I have plenty of page protectors, i use them in my binder to store ideas, sayings, sample cards and magazines.

With placing tabs I will be able to find what I need faster, without pulling everything out.

Thank you whoever for the idea.

Dereksmum04 wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Monday, 26 April 2010, 9:41 PM

Love the DIY Sticker Spinner going to make one this weekend!!!

indigoblue wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Monday, 26 April 2010, 9:55 PM

Many of my stickers are kept with papers of coordinating colors and styles.  Others are stored in

binders and folders.  As you might imagine, it is often difficult to find exactly what I need.  It would

be fantastic to win a Clip-it Up and have it all at my fingertips!

Sheryl wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Monday, 26 April 2010, 10:08 PM

I love all these ideas....but if you saw my stock of stickers....LOL....I would need a storage solution to store the storage ideas.

Jessica S.S. wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Monday, 26 April 2010, 10:19 PM

That DIY Sticker holder is the best idea EVER!!! I can be used for so many things other than stickers too! Wow!!

Carol J Timmerman wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Monday, 26 April 2010, 10:30 PM

Love all these ideas:

1.  Really like the towel holder... very creative but impractical for me... I have a huge drawer full and would need too many holders (I too over buy) LOL

2.  I like the ready made idea of the spinner but would also need too many

3   May have to go for the accordian file since I already have those and will label them according to theme...Yah! What a help you've been!

scrappinbowpro wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Monday, 26 April 2010, 10:36 PM

I have always used the accordian folder, but I am SO ALL OVER the paper towel rack idea!  Rock on!!  Thx for the idea!!

indigoblue wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Monday, 26 April 2010, 10:59 PM

re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers

Many of my stickers are kept with papers of matching colors and styles.  Others are kept in binders and folders.  As you can imagine, it's often very difficult to find exactly what I need.  It would really be fantastic to win a Clip-it-Up so that I  could have everything at my fingertips.

Jeannette R. wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Monday, 26 April 2010, 11:00 PM

I made a clip it up but n ow have no room for it on my desk....lol.....probably just sell it.  Oh well!

Sylvia Thomas wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Monday, 26 April 2010, 11:16 PM

I currently have my stickers in plactis envelopes (from The Container Store) by theme and stored in a basket.  The alphabet stickers are in an accordian file.  But I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the DIY idea with the paper towel holder, I am also going to make one for my die cuts.  What a great, easy idea!!!!   Thanks so much.

Terrie Wagner wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Monday, 26 April 2010, 11:30 PM

I use the Clip-it-Up for my miscellaneous stickers since they can be used on virtually any page.  For stickers that I only have a handful of such as for boy scouts I keep in a plastic bag and put it in a 12 x 12 accordion file along with the themed paper.  Most of my stickers are in PBS zippered sticker binders.  These are arranged by theme.   I don't always have time to file my stickers so I also have a 12 x 12 carrying case that stores as a drawer.  I label this drawer "homeless stickers" since they are not yet in there proper place.  The carrying case is easy to take to crops.

Chrys Kamps wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Tuesday, 27 April 2010, 7:34 AM

Looks like the paper towel holder is the winner here.  Love it.  You could also use tabbed dividers with it to organize your stickers by theme.

Sandy W wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Tuesday, 27 April 2010, 7:55 AM

I too like the DIY Sticker Spinner, but my favorite is the "On the Wire" hangers.  I made my own clip it up system and it's nice, but I'm finding it hard to allot surface space for that or the Sticker Spinner.  I do think I can adapt the Sticker Spinner to fit on a shelf using smaller everything.  It would be a great way to hold all the loose and smaller stickers.  Thanks for the great ideas.

Melinda Bryant wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Tuesday, 27 April 2010, 8:25 AM

I bought a small hanging file that I was going to use for acryllic stamps and my idea didn't work.  So, I have now arranged my stickers in that file according to theme.  I have another one that I use for alphabets according to color.  So easy to find!!

Suzi Q wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Tuesday, 27 April 2010, 9:12 AM

I have an extra paper towel holder and love that idea.  Will give it a try.

Karen wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Tuesday, 27 April 2010, 9:24 AM

Love the ideas for storing stickers!  With all that I have (and hope to win!) I just might have to use 2 or 3 ideas!!!!!

Booboo14 wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Tuesday, 27 April 2010, 9:33 AM

Love the new ideas for storing stickers, I love to organize I currently have my stickers in protector sheets in a 3 ring binder, maybe I will win and try the DIY idea.

Julie James wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Tuesday, 27 April 2010, 9:41 AM

I so loved the sticker spinner made from the paper towel holder!  I can't believe I never thought of that myself!  I will send photos of another "re-use" organizer I made from a retired plastic broom handle.  (They just unscrew from the broom and you can use them for any number of things.)  I pick up these inexpensive brooms from a store where everything is a dollar.  I have a menagerie of dogs and cats, so when they (the brooms, not the animals) are too covered in hair to wash anymore, I toss the broom piece and re-use the handles.  For a dollar investment, I have even removed the brand new broom to put in my trunk for quick clean-up and re-purposed the handle as a curtain rod!  I promise to send photos with some of the re-purposing tips!

Paula wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Tuesday, 27 April 2010, 10:16 AM

I have my stickers in all sorts of organized chaos...LOL  But I love the paper towel spinner thingy!

Sue wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Tuesday, 27 April 2010, 10:21 AM

I love the use of the paper towel holder.  That's not only handy, but creative in itself!  I love when an item can be used for something other than what it was made for.  Thank you!

Marilyn wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Tuesday, 27 April 2010, 10:54 AM

great idea! I love the easy access

ME Mackey wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Tuesday, 27 April 2010, 11:33 AM

Love the paper towel idea.  I can transfer the plastic baseball card holder pages that I use for small stickers.  Thanks!

Kimberly wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Tuesday, 27 April 2010, 11:54 AM

Definitely trying out the DIY sticker spinner.  Awesome!

paperfool wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Tuesday, 27 April 2010, 12:15 PM

Thx! I am a DIY convert--can see all my stickers with a flip.

Elaine wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Tuesday, 27 April 2010, 12:56 PM

What great ideas. I will use a few of these if i can find the room. My scrapebook room is a storage building my husband made over for me,it is a great space but not very big,only a 8'+12' so my space is limited. But thanks for all the great ideas.

greeneyedcoach wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Tuesday, 27 April 2010, 1:30 PM

Hmmm....thinking about the hanging rod-sure like those clips :)

Militza Hernandez wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Tuesday, 27 April 2010, 1:38 PM

from the article, I like the clip it up.

My current choice of storage is the Artbin containers.  I store them by subject.  easy to grab and go for crops.

Kat Sprouse wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Tuesday, 27 April 2010, 1:40 PM

I like the file folder option.  I have SO many stickers and thius is the easiest way to keep them organized.  But these ideas are also great for other scrapping products.

on Tuesday, 27 April 2010, 1:41 PM

susan wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Tuesday, 27 April 2010, 1:44 PM

I love the paper towel holder idea. Until now I have been using the binder method. thanks for the idea!

Carolyn Cece wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Tuesday, 27 April 2010, 2:42 PM

I love the paper towel holder.  Right now I just have them in a plastic tote and that is just not working for me.

Carolyn Cece wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Tuesday, 27 April 2010, 2:42 PM

Lindy wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Tuesday, 27 April 2010, 2:48 PM

I have stickers in an expandable file so it is great to grab and go when I do pages with my grandson. But I am thinking about that DIY paper towel holder thing. It would be great for the ones I don't take with me.

Frannie Buckler wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Tuesday, 27 April 2010, 2:55 PM

I have mine in several places.  I have some in a CM binder I found at a yard sale years ago and also in a CM expanding folder that I don't think they have any more.  I have have to look for the stickers I want so it's not a very good system.

Colleen Gibson wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Tuesday, 27 April 2010, 4:51 PM

Great ideas! Really do like the DIY idea one though. Easy to go through, up right, do digging, tab the tops, add as many pages as needed or as many stands as needed.  Thanks!!!

Karen wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Tuesday, 27 April 2010, 7:21 PM

I currently file many of my stickers with their corresponding papers in file folders. The paper towel holder would be good for those stickers that have multiple uses. I'm going to get one.

Meristy25 wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Tuesday, 27 April 2010, 7:27 PM

This is an awesome idea!!!  I have to try it!

Debbie wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Tuesday, 27 April 2010, 8:17 PM

I love the paper towel holder idea -- everything right at your fingertips -- and it will hold my monstrosity of stickers

lbscrapgirl wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Tuesday, 27 April 2010, 9:24 PM

i welcome all organizing ideas, Thanks!

Eileen wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Tuesday, 27 April 2010, 9:41 PM

I really like the clip it up.  I keep mine in baskets and files but they sometimes get bent up and are hard to find.

Sue wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Tuesday, 27 April 2010, 10:00 PM

I really like the sticker spinner idea! It's not only user friendly, but also cost effective :)

Eileen wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Tuesday, 27 April 2010, 10:21 PM

I am looking forward to trying the clip it up.  It looks like a great option

Sandie wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Tuesday, 27 April 2010, 10:42 PM

Wow!  I felt like slapping my forehead when I saw the DIY sticker holder on the paper towel holder.  I showed it to my husband right away, and he wondered why I couldn't put it in a binder then.  I suppose you could, and they'd be organized the same way in page protector sheets, but they wouldn't be as accessible.  I don't think any binder would hold all the ones shown in the photo either.  I currently store my stickers in accordian files, but they're in two sizes, one set for about 5 x 7 sheets and one for 6 x 12 sheets, so they're still divided.  It would be great to put them together.  I'm seriously considering imitating this idea.  Thanks!

Sandy Suthern wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Tuesday, 27 April 2010, 11:24 PM

I love the paper towel holder sticker organizers it is so much cheaper than the clip it up which i have and i dont realy like having to clip things up all of the time.

ChinaBuckeye wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Wednesday, 28 April 2010, 12:03 AM

What a great new use for a common household item. May have to try it when I free up counter space. Currently I sort the stickers by theme then put rings of some sort through the package holes then hang them from hooks on the hanger rack made for my IKEA shelving unit.

ChinaBuckeye wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Wednesday, 28 April 2010, 12:08 AM

Love the DIY paper towel holder sticker organizer idea - what a great new use for a common household object! Will try if I can find counter space. Currently, I sort by theme, organizer with a ring through the package holes then hang on a hook that is on the clothes hanger arm on my IKEA shelving unit.

Barb1965 wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Wednesday, 28 April 2010, 7:40 AM

I love the paper towel holder idea.  What a great way to see all your stickers.

Queen V wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Wednesday, 28 April 2010, 9:19 AM

Wow! Love the DYI Spinner idea. I like being able to use ordinary everyday items with my scrapbook stuff.

Stacey wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Wednesday, 28 April 2010, 9:32 AM

That DIY spinner is a fantastic idea!!  What a great way to organize and be able to easily see your stash as well as providing a pleasant piece to look at for those who like their stuff out!

BarbaraKay wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Wednesday, 28 April 2010, 9:39 AM

I love the paper towel holder idea!  I like that you can see everything you have.  Right now I have all my stickers laying in a box and have to look through everything to find what I need.

on Wednesday, 28 April 2010, 10:24 AM

Diane Roth wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Wednesday, 28 April 2010, 10:50 AM

Love the paper towel holder idea, I have a file folder drawer full of stickers in folders and tend not to use them very often.  I think if they were more easily accessible, I would use them.

Sherry Lynn wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Wednesday, 28 April 2010, 11:48 AM

I'm in for the paper towel holder, I'm going to add tabs to sort for events so it will be quick access to what iI need. Thank you CK

Monika wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Wednesday, 28 April 2010, 12:37 PM

I have 2 of the DIY spinners made of paper towel holders.  One just for my alphabest and the other for stickers and bling.  One think I'll suggest it to put a piece of office grade card stock in each one of the page protecters.  It keeps your protectors from flopping around if your sticker aren't the entire width of the protector

Karen wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Wednesday, 28 April 2010, 12:41 PM

Currently using some in the basket & some in the manila folder type thing....think I need to may a DIY sticker spinner.  How cool is that?

Tommye wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Wednesday, 28 April 2010, 1:38 PM

Great ideas.  I thought I had way too many stickers but it looks like I'm in good company!  I currently keep my stickers in binders in protector sheets by category by alpha (baby, boys, children, cowboys,dance, etc). They are getting kinda lumpy and heavy so I think I'm going to try the DIY spinner (paper towel holder) for stickers that I use the most which are stickers with words, phrases or sentiments. I keep my alpha stickers in a big wide drawer.  Thanks!

jjbaby wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Wednesday, 28 April 2010, 4:49 PM

I've been using the accordian file system for almost a year and I love it.  I went an extra step and purchase pretty (and heavy duty) file folders from Staples.  My stickers are in the folders that are in the accordian.  That way I can pull the whole file for that one particular project (like Spring, or Baby) to keep on my desk while I'm working and put the accordian file neatly where it belongs.  I don't have to worry about the tiny stickers getting lost or messed up either.

SweetStuff wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Wednesday, 28 April 2010, 4:51 PM

i store my stickers by theme in the plastic rolling cart drawers.

slnbell wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Wednesday, 28 April 2010, 4:55 PM

paper towel idea is the best!!!! I have a clip it up and love it but I can also use the paper towel spinner for paper scraps and rubons!

CropDawn2503 wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Wednesday, 28 April 2010, 5:46 PM

All 5 are good ideas but I have a LOT of stickers! I tried the accordian file folder method and that didn't work. I ended up with 2 hanging file bins from Creative Memories that stand square and the tops zipper off. I have them organized by theme.  This works great for me! You could do the same thing with plastic hanging file holders.

WhamBamPam wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Wednesday, 28 April 2010, 6:06 PM

Love the DIY sticker holder, now to find a nice paper towel stand.

Baby2u wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Wednesday, 28 April 2010, 7:03 PM

I like the ON THE WIRE idea!

Rose B wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Wednesday, 28 April 2010, 7:04 PM

I love to put my stickers by topic/theme.  This way I do not have look for stickers or anything else, as well as, papers, chipboard, etc. all in one area (triple connected plastic drawers)

photochaser@hotmail.com wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Wednesday, 28 April 2010, 8:58 PM

I like stickers. I don't use much because I don't have a visual of them. I currently use the accordian style. I'm going to try the Paper Towel holder and/or the curtain style.

Donna Kalinowsky wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Wednesday, 28 April 2010, 9:37 PM

I loved the article about storing sticker sheets.  Currently, I've been keeping them in a plastic case, but out of sight, out of mind.  I liked the DIY paper towel holder.  It's cheaper than some of the specialized storage solutions for scrapbooking and stamping products and  standard size page protectors are easy to find though I'd recommend getting the acid free variety not protectors from an office store unless they specify that they are acid free.  I've used regular page protectors to save articles and instructions and had words come off the page and onto the page protectors.  Now, I use scrapbook type acid free page protectors.  Thanks for a great article.

Lori B McClellan wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Wednesday, 28 April 2010, 11:33 PM

My stickers are in multiple drawers and brain storming is easier when you can see everything you have.   The towel holder will be definite addition as soon as I can rearrange some shelf space.  I'm thinking a

piece of card stock in each page protector and a photo adhesive to hold the long narrow sticker and smaller pieces from falling.

AMY BENIQUEZ wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Thursday, 29 April 2010, 1:04 AM

******************************** HEY LADIES - READ ME PLEASE!!**************************************

I LOVED SEEING THAT PAPER-TOWEL SPINNER BECAUSE I DID COME UP WITH THAT VERY IDEA SOME TIME AGO!! ;)

ONE *HUGE* ISSUE, HOWEVER...

EVEN IF EVERY SLEEVE HAS A PC OF CARDSTOCK, THAT'S NOT THE PART WITH THE PROBLEM YOU WILL SOON DISCOVER - IT'S THE ABILITY TO KEEP THE PAGES UPRIGHT *AND* TURNABLE - AND SO IT'S THE RINGS THAT ALSO NEED STA BILITY!  MY FIX?

1. EITHER USE SERIOUSLY STURDY CHIPBOARD/CARDBOARD, OR FIND THIN WOODEN SLATS - NARROW & THIN, (LIKE THE DIVIDERS USED BETWEEN SCRAPBOOK PAGES TO COMPENSATE FOR BULKY PAGES...)

2. CUT SLATS TO 11-12" TALL.

3. DRILL 3 HOLES in every slat BIG ENOUGH TO ACCOMODATE THE BINDER RINGS, SPACED THE SAME AS THE HOLES IN YOUR PAGE PROTECTORs.

4. JUST LIKE BETWEEN SCRAPBOOK PAGES, INSERT A STABILIZING SLAT BETWEEN EVERY FEW PAGES, BASED ON THE WEIGHT IN YOUR PAGES & BULK...

5. THEN INSERT THE RINGS THROUGH IT ALL & SLIDE IT ON YOUR TOWEL HOLDER!

TWO MORE ISSUES OF ANNOYANCE:

A. USING 8.5X11" PAGES (OR EVEN 12X12"!) IS A CHALLENGE BECAUSE THE BASE OF A TOWEL HOLDER IS NEVER 18" OR MORE IN DIAMETER!!... SO THE PAGES FLOP AROUND (AND PUT EXCESSIVE PRESSURE ON THE PAGE PROTECTOR'S HOLES! IT'S NOT A PERFECT FIX, BUT I TOOK A SHALLOW BOX, 14x14x2-3"deep, cut a hole in the center the same diameter as the  paper towel rod, and slid it over the rod, upside down. So it covered the existing (usually round) base, and created a much larger one! You could do the same with a round piece of wood w/a hole drilled in the center - or even pick up the round cardboard bases used under cakes, by cake decorators... Put two or three together for stability, drill the hole, slide them over the rod & down onto the base & voila! MUCH improved base stability for the full length of your page protectors!! The round cake-base cardboard comes in a veriety of sizes too btw - and can be bought at many dollar stores, most party supply stores, etc. They're white too (usually) so prettier than a box!(Keep in mind that you are adding length with the diameter of the rings too... So page protectors for 8.5x11" paper may end up needing a round base that is 20" in diameter or more!! Think: Two page protectors, one on one side of the circle - the 2nd on the opposing side=17.5", plus 2, 3, or 4" rings, plus the piece of each page protector with the holes in it, another 1/2 - ea= 1", that's 20-22"... This thing takes up a BIG footprint!!

(An alternate if you don't have a 20"+ circle to devote to this method is to use the 5x7" Junior Scrapbook page protectores & make a smaller version of this item!! It's definitely easier to work with - though all of the challenges I've listed here do still apply...)

B. Last issue - sorry I'm so long-winded... You may have figured out that I have a LOT of stickers of EVERY type - and I take my storage SERIOUSLY!! So - for me, weight IS an issue, I have multiples of many sticker sheets... Therefore, combined with the above two fixes, I also used Large Grommets (think camping supply/hardware dept), or as we may know them: XL eyelets, and reinforced every hole on the page protectors. (ENSURE your Loose-Leaf-Rings will fit thru the eyelets before you do this!) But if you use stickers a lot, then the continued flipping & turning & flopping of the pages WILL become an issue if you don't do something like this to reinforce those holes.

In closing, let me say this...

The LARGER the Binder Rings (like the ones that come with the Ribbon-Ring, for example, generally 3"), the MORE pages you can stuff on there! However you will have even MORE floppiness then - so the wooden slats become REALLY important!!

Also - if you plan to use 8.5x11" page protectors - just spring for the extra $$ and buy the heavy duty ultra-clear type. They cost more, but they WORK, and they last. You will HATE it soon enough if you use the thinner-grade pages... I'm the Page Protector Queen - please trust me when I say I have tried them ALL!!!

OKAY - Those are my perfection suggestions...

I'd love to hear from any of you who may have comments or suggestions that are simpler, or make more sense (*gasp!*) than these... All I can tell you is that with this particular invention you Will Only Get Out of It What you Put Into It!!

(((IFYI - I'm actually working on one more possible improvement, a method to suspend the top rings, or the top of each slat, between the top of the ppr towel holder post & the screw-on topper/knob that most come with... I think I've settled on a wide metal disk (proportionate to the size of the binder rings), with a small hole drilled in the middle. I may sandwich the disk between the top of the post & the screw-on knob... I suppose I could drill additional holes around the outside edge of the disk & suspend the top binder rings from multiple zip ties, or chain, or even string I suppose (this is if the wooden slats are not in use...) If using the wooden slats, as I do, then I think an additional hole in the very top of each slat (which may need to be a bit taller than 11", in this case) would do the trick, and then either use small s-hooks to connect each slat to each hole in the disk, or again, zip-ties, or string - lots of things would work.   I am considering doing this simply to take part of the weight off of the base of the pages - not all of it - so this would be intended to just barely suspend it all - and would facilitate TURNING the pages much more easily...

HA! That said - I bet a Lazy susan/turn-table underneath would work just as well!!! LOL)))

Think I'll let this go now...

Hope this helps some of you seriously enthused sticker-lovers, in perfecting your new creation! :)

FULL DISCLOSURE:

The extrordinary challenge this presented in perfecting eventually convinced me to just buy 4 of the XL Clip-it-ps, by Simply Renee... I haven't looked back (until now!) And i repurposed my ppr-towel spinner to hold Paper Alpha sheets - which weigh less and get used more.

Darn - another thought would be to store PAPER FLOWERS in this item!!!! OOh - pretty, functional & LIGHTWEIGHT!! HA!!  *Amy trots off to dump out her paper alphas & start playing with flowers...*

AMY BENIQUEZ wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Thursday, 29 April 2010, 1:25 AM

Previous POST was by Me!

Maria in Canada wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Thursday, 29 April 2010, 8:29 AM

i love the suggestiolns made in this article. i will put together the paper roll spool with plastic holders. great idea. presently i have purchased from an office supply store, the 12 divider file invoice type of product. it can be carried everywhere i go, slips in my wheelie bags to move fast to a crop. great ideas were suggested. thanks for all suggestions.

on Thursday, 29 April 2010, 10:31 AM

Terri wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Thursday, 29 April 2010, 1:22 PM

Love the spinner idea too! Would be nice to see and have everything right at your fingertips!

REBA HAAS wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Thursday, 29 April 2010, 5:32 PM

I have used the expandable file folder system and am very excited to try the paper towel holder, page protector method so I have all of them at my fingertips during the planning a page stage of fun.

Angie (mommiextwo) wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Thursday, 29 April 2010, 6:27 PM

Love that spinner!  It's pretty besides being functional.

on Friday, 30 April 2010, 11:37 AM

Pennycent wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Friday, 30 April 2010, 5:18 PM

I love the storage ideas... especially the DIY spinner, I used to store my stickers in a large tub and kept it under my scrap table and seldom used anything in it... they were organized in large baggies but still seldom used. Seen Kathryn organize hers in a plastic bin,, no baggies and viola!!! I used to bins but they set on top of my large tubs of extra paper and are out in the open and  use them so much more often...

Camille wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Friday, 30 April 2010, 11:22 PM

I like the DIY Spinner the best but they are all good ideas.  Thanks for sharing!

Violet wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Saturday, 1 May 2010, 7:58 AM

I've tried several different ways as my stash has grown...I like to leave my stickers in their origional packaging and since they come in so many different sizes it's hard to come up with a perfect solution that will be neat and tidy...which is neccessary if you are "OCD" so, my solution is to file them by theme in a storage box...it's wide enough for the long packaging on some stickers and it keeps them all in one place...all I have to do is set the box on my work table and thumb through...thanks for the oportunity to win some more!

Regena wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Saturday, 1 May 2010, 8:01 AM

Love the DIY spinner idea.  I am going to go buy a couple of towel holders today and do this one.  Thanks for the tips!

on Saturday, 1 May 2010, 10:10 AM

Kathleen wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Saturday, 1 May 2010, 10:19 AM

I am going to have to try one of these for sure!  So glad you posted these!!!

Mae wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Saturday, 1 May 2010, 12:38 PM

Love the 5 ideas.  Thinking which one would suit me the best.  Thanks for the ideas.

Stacey wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Saturday, 1 May 2010, 5:01 PM

I love the DIY spinner!!  It looks like something I will try to keep my stickers organized.

Rachel wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Saturday, 1 May 2010, 6:20 PM

The DIY sticker spinner is just about the coolest idea I've heard in a while!! If I can clear off some space on my desk to sit it, I might just try it! ;)

Club CK Blog wrote Product Spotlight: Splash Dance by Imaginisce
on Friday, 25 June 2010, 5:54 PM

Get ready for some wet-and-wild fun with the Splash Dance collection by Imaginisce ! With one look at

Club CK Blog wrote Cards-to-Layouts Challenge
on Thursday, 1 July 2010, 12:42 PM

Today, I saw a creative challenge for you in the cards. No, I'm not psychic, but I am having us look

lilibethl wrote re: 5 Easy Ideas for Storing Your Stickers
on Tuesday, 24 April 2012, 10:38 PM

I made the DIY Sticker Spinner and I LOVE IT! I used filing folders in the middle of the page protector to give them a bit more stability and use 1 1/2 in binder rings. The only thing is you need a big space where to place it but it is so handy to find your stickers in a heart bit.

FAQ | About Us | Privacy Policy | Guarantee | Join Copyright ©2014, Creative Crafts Group, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.